Regardless of the temple or the LDS church, the Bible tells us to pay 10%. So for me, it was important to find a church I felt good giving my money to as a steward of God's money. I would rather my money go to paying for temples and helping the needy than to pay for a professional choir and the preacher's salary, the luxury vehicle, and spangled clothing allowance.

If you're a subscriber to the Ensign, I think we're getting that temple magazine in leau of our October issue.

It was originally a special issue of the Ensign. It became such a successful reference and so ubiquitous that the Church published it as a standalone (I think I have two copies around the house). I think the re-release it every five years or so as an Ensign issue. I'll be interested to see if they have updated it to include any newer temples.

Don't know why I wrote entomology, unless he's tithing his butterfly collection.

Lol.

. Why must it be 10% though? Isn't God accepting of any sum? And for the temple ceremonies, why are they so secretive? Shouldn't a new member understand, probably what most regard as the most important aspect of the church?

I would like to answer some of that...I had an investigator ask me this very thing not too long ago. I prayed about it and got this answer.

10% may seem like a lot when you are balancing your budget. When we go to heaven, we will all be sharing Everything, not just ten percent, the tithe is practice for that. Can we really say that we are willing to share it all when we have trouble with ten percent?

When you are a member of the church of Jesus Christ and pay tithing and have some money problems, you will not go hungry, you will not go homeless, you will be cared for. The church has significant resources that are available to the saints who seek help.

The sealing ceremony is described for investigators and new members in the Gospel Principles manual that we use. If you attend church you can get a free copy, and ask questions about what is in it. The chapter on eternal marriage is chapter 38. It is also availiable online on lds.org in the gospel library.

I hope you continue to seek and learn, DonKeefe.:)