The right of every Englishman...

Jamie123

As everyone knows, it is the right of every true-blooded Englishman to indulge in at least a day-and-a-half's moaning every time England gets knocked out of a major sporting tournament. And we DO expect our wives, mothers, girlfriends etc. to be sytmpathetic!

Why then am I being told "STOP GOING ON ABOUT IT!" and "IT'S ONLY A GAME!" (???) every time I say something about last night's 4-1 lose to Germany? It wouldn't have been so bad if the %$*&£!!! referee hadn't disallowed that second goal. It was over the line for goodness sake! And I couldn't believe the second time Germany scored - off a FREE KICK FOR ENGLAND!!! It's unbelievable! Is that Capello worth the money we're paying him? Someone's head has got to roll for this!! etc...

Edited by Jamie123
Thought of something else to moan about

Sorry man, England can try to blame the bad referee-ing on that goal. But, the fact of the matter is - they just got outplayed. Period.

Germany has been playing really good soccer this tournament and that included the England match. England has been shoddy off and on this tournament. I mean - the very first game with USA was an indication of things to come. England had no chance against Germany. It looked like the 2 teams were not even on the same league!

Sorry man, England can try to blame the bad referee-ing on that goal. But, the fact of the matter is - they just got outplayed. Period.

Germany has been playing really good soccer this tournament and that included the England match. England has been shoddy off and on this tournament. I mean - the very first game with USA was an indication of things to come. England had no chance against Germany. It looked like the 2 teams were not even on the same league!

Oh well...it's the UEFA Championship in 2012! (Unless the world ends first of course!) Just you wait!

England doesn't play any real sports?

Rugby, my American friend, is very much a real sport :P

You're right - and the Rugby World Cup's coming up next year. Remember how wonderful it was when we won in 2003? We might have won 2 tournaments in a row if it hadn't been for that stupid decision in 2007 (Grrr!) There was no way that was "no try"!

You're right - and the Rugby World Cup's coming up next year. Remember how wonderful it was when we won in 2003? We might have won 2 tournaments in a row if it hadn't been for that stupid decision in 2007 (Grrr!) There was no way that was "no try"!

Hey Jamie,

I remember 2003 very well! It was the 22nd November to be precise, they won the World Cup on my birthday, lol. Happy days! :)