You can submit his name, his date of birth, where he was born, date of death, etc. to the temple. Males are baptized for males, I think, and females are baptized for females. I can't remember.

Also, he can receive his temple endowments by proxy and if you want, you can submit his deceased parents/and or grandparents names to the temple so that he can be sealed to his parents.

I was just wondering are you the Dahlia from the radio talk show?

Oh, no. I didn't know there was one; now I'm intrigued. Where is the show and what kind of show is it? I hope it's nothing weird or I might have to change my name.:)

I used to live on a 'Dahlia St' and I was looking for a short name I'd remember.

eta - I just saw the reference to 'Delilah.' Don't know who that is, either, and I thought I knew a lot of the national shows.

Edited by dahlia

Delilah is a deejay that plays loves songs in the evenings. People call up during the show and ask to dedicate songs to people they love and share little stories about their love life. Sometimes Delilah gives little bits of advice. It is not a talk show, but it is nationally syndicated and usually the light music type of stations play her show.

• 2 weeks later...

Dahlia,

I would suggest going to mormon.org and doing the online chat, ask to be referred to Elder Sabin. He is the missionary that helped me learn about the church (tell him Michael referred you). He is a very nice man who is more than willing to answer questions.

I am 17, I joined the church in January. I received a limited-use recommend which is a temple recommend for youth and unendowed adults to perform baptisms and confirmations on behalf of the dead. All the work was done for my father. I was baptized and confirmed for him and a local Mormon family I know finished his initiatory and endowment, well at least the father of the family did.

When you join the church, it becomes an everyday thing, not just another Sunday church service. Your mind becomes centered on Christ and what he did for us, and trying to aspire to be like him, thus making it easier to obtain a temple recommend. I hold a limited-use recommend and 4 other youth at my ward do as well and we go to our temple the first Saturday of every month to perform baptisms and confirmations for the dead. In fact, we went today :)

If I am never good enough to get a Temple recommend so that I could do it myself, if I converted, could I still have my late husband baptized in the Church? How does one go about getting that done?

Dahlia - You're not good enough? No one is good enough (although we should all be trying). We are only good enough through the atonement of Jesus Christ - only he was perfect.

May I suggest you pick up a book called "Believing Christ" by Stephan Robinson

DeseretBook.com - Believing Christ: The Parable of the Bicycle and Other Good News

Amazon and Barnes&Nobles sell it too, but at a much higher cost.