War In Iraq

SarahMaree

I am not convinced that the war on Iraq is all the much of a good thing for the followng reasons.

1. Sadam was put into power by powers inside the USA. It is interesting that our friend Sadam was given the key to the city of Detroit. Once we were told that he is a great friend of freedom and the USA. Why do we forget these things?

2. Something goofy is going on in our intelligence. I served in the US army attached to an intelligence unit. I know some of you think military and intelligence do not belong together but from my personal experience military intellgence is more accurate than politics and network news. The problem is not with military intelligence but with CIA intelligence. BTW under Ragan an audit of Social Security recommended that SS funds no longer be used to finance CIA black opps. Is there a pattern here?

3. What we continue to do in Iraq is devided down party lines. This is a major red flag that politics is more involved than the security of the nation. Why do we play politics with the lives of service men and women?

4. We are not being told the truth - not by politicans and not by network news. I cannot believe that violation of POW's civil rights held by USA is a major concern of media news. This is politics not war.

5. The military is not under orders to end the conflict. War was never declaired by congress, the president does not have legal power to declar war and no one knows what the conditions of war even are anymore. We just make it up after the fact - if the facts we started with turn out to be wrong.

When will we demand our politicans tell us the truth? The Democrats that have every opportunity to gain the advantage make an even bigger lie and run for president a turncoat that was meeting with the enemy in secret during the Vietnam conflict - and everyone pretends that what he did was not in violation of the law like his holding a public office is not a problem??? - What is going on in our country.

I love what our country is supost to sand for - too bad it does not stand for it anymore.

The Traveler

<div class='quotemain'>

But repetition is only that; if it is opinion being repeated, it is still only opinion. :hmmm:

At Church, we re-read the scriptures and the words of the prophets...to instill in us the truthfulness of the gospel.

In the forum, I quote Founders and Prophets...i.e., truthfulness.

Repetition does play an important part in learning, at least the memorization part of learning. Thinking things through and understanding the principles do not, however, come from repetition (though the memorization helps make that process possible). Nor does repetition instill in us the truth--revelation does (in religion), experimentation and measurement do (in science), and reasoning does (in philosophy and mathematics). I think reasoning, experimentation, and perhaps even measurement ("by their fruits ye shall know them") play a role in religion, too, but revelation is the primary instrument.

Not exactly! People are free to research this information on their own, if they really want to know. In your search engine type: U.N. Confiscates Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. There are tons of articles...which one AOL News used, I don't know...but if you really want to find out...seek and ye shall find! :idea:

Actually, common message board etiquette will tell you that when you make a claim, you should provide sources to back it up. If someone asks about your source, you don't say "you do the research."

you provide a link or at least the information Jason mentioned.

When a person can not provide a source to back their claim, it is fair to assume that they do not have one. :hmmm: Saying "I saw it on the Internet" or on AOL is simply not good enough.

Actually, common message board etiquette will tell you that when you make a claim, you should provide sources to back it up. If someone asks about your source, you don't say "you do the research."

you provide a link or at least the information Jason mentioned.

When a person can not provide a source to back their claim, it is fair to assume that they do not have one. :hmmm: Saying "I saw it on the Internet" or on AOL is simply not good enough.

In a message board, people offer differing opinions, many of which cannot be proven. Even when sources are provided, people will dispute others' sources. The bottom line is that much of what is said in a chat forum is based upon personal opinion/experience rather than fact. The burden of proof [for anyone who questions others' opinions/sources/experience] falls upon that individual to search out the information independently. Forum members are not required, nor under any obligation to provide proof.

The AOL News article [the U.N. confiscating WMD] is common knowledge, as I have discussed this news story with people in other forums who were aware of that fact.