Check Out These Pics Your Local "news"paper Probably Won&#39

Fiannan

You mean from a religious standpoint as viewed by Islam or because of our behavior toward the rest of the world? :hmmm:

It's hard for us to understand because the cartoons in question did not say anything about Allah, but Mohammed, the prophet and the violence done in his name. I knew they took their religion seriously, but to kill people over a cartoon about a prophet... :dontknow:

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/internatio...,399177,00.html

and

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/2006_02.htm

This seems not to be going away. Any predictions for the next couple of weeks?

Opps, the title should read "Check out these pics your local "news"paper probably won't run".

This is a great question! I believe we as americans are going to become second in the target arena in the present and near future.

I believe it is also part of a fulfillment of prophecy. I will have to look it up, but there is a prophecy which states the WHOLE world will be in commotion. Up till now the scandanavians have just sat back and watched everyone else fight.

You mean from a religious standpoint as viewed by Islam or because of our behavior toward the rest of the world? :hmmm:

Im talking from a strictly religous standpoint. They should be upset if we were Muslim. However, as non-muslims, what else can be expected from infidels?

Are not these cartoons the personification of being an infidel?

It's hard for us to understand because the cartoons in question did not say anything about Allah, but Mohammed, the prophet and the violence done in his name. I knew they took their religion seriously, but to kill people over a cartoon about a prophet... :dontknow:

That's probably more than just a religious view there. That's also a cultural view, and we're much more tolerant here. Notice that local Muslims in the US are not seen burning down Dutch embassies!

Im talking from a strictly religous standpoint. They should be upset if we were Muslim. However, as non-muslims, what else can be expected from infidels?

Good point; the artists are doing what infidels do... :lol: You'd think they'd just show disgust.

<div class='quotemain'>

Good point; the artists are doing what infidels do... :lol: You'd think they'd just show disgust.

Exactly. Mormons look at anti-material and go: "See, that's why were the True Church". Or, "We're above all that because we're God's Chosen" or some such thing.

Can you imagine a Mormon Mob burning down Utah Lighthouse Ministry in SLC? Or Pres. Hinckley issuing a death-threat against Ed Decker?

What are these idiots thinking?

Does society think that the muslims are more devout because they will go out and destroy property and kill, murder, people for their religious belief or because of an offense of a charicature of their prophet but we, LDS, should show love for those who ridicule our temple worship and underclothes on the grounds or near the grounds of the temple.

I am just thinking what it would look like as Gen Conf gets out and 30K LDS attacking the dozen or so people standing around yelling at them about their beliefs.

I believe that most mainstream religious leaders preach tolerance and love. That includes Non Christian and Christian alike.

There are in Christianity two main branches - Catholic and Protestant. Likewise in Islam there are the Shiite and Sunnis. Part of the problem with our free press it that it is not only biased but inaccurate. We are not told which among the Islamic peoples are making threats and attacking and which are protesting and pleading that icons in Islam be treated with respect. Thus the west thinks all of Islam is nuts.

Rather than post here were almost no one knows or believes anything other than what they are told on the news – why not take the opportunity to learn something and have a positive effect.

If you want to know what is going on among our Islamic cousins – call your local mosque and talk to someone about this problem and what you might do to help defuse what is going on or at least have some understanding of why.

The Traveler

Sorry if my post was an inditement of all muslims. It was not intended to be that. In a country where millions reside and where they live all around the world there is limited rioting. It only takes a few of anything to make the news. It could be a few protesting peacefully, I don't think peaceful demonstrators make the news, or it could be a few burning cars and buildings, those make the news.

It could be a few people getting naked and siting in the street for PETA or any other cause. They never represent a majority just a very vocal minority.

I have several aquaintances that are muslim and they continue to go to their jobs and work and care for their families and are not out burning up cars or buildings.

The vocal few are the ones that are heard not the silent majority. :)