How Are Ye Doin' ?

Arminius

hello nice 2 meet u ? where do u live?

Northern Germany. English is not my native language, but German, as I am German. But I was good at English when I went to school, 'cause I liked it. But a fool at mathematics; I should admit.

Edited by Arminius

Hello, this is my first time I am going to step into an American spoken forum. What can I say? How are ye doin' ? :)

Hey not so much of the "American"! We invented the language first! ^_^

Good to meet you :)

Edited by Jamie123

Hey not so much of the "American"! We invented the language first! ^_^

Good to meet hou :)

You're right. But who invented it really? Angles, Saxonians, Romans, Islandics, Wikings, Scots (a bit) and all that has lead to the modern English language. And in American English it's been enriched by German, and Spanish and French. Won' ya gim'e right? In hundred years or later they will talk and write like that. British English will be gone. German will be gone. But Chinese will stay. Or they'll change to English, an' in fact both languages are som' kin' of similar (i.e. pronounciation). Wait and see. But of course it won't be our problem at all, as we'll be six feet under , then.

You're right. But who invented it really? Angles, Saxonians, Romans, Islandics, Wikings, Scots (a bit) and all that has lead to the modern English language. And in American English it's been enriched by German, and Spanish and French. Won' ya gim'e right? In hundred years or later they will talk and write like that. British English will be gone. German will be gone. But Chinese will stay. Or they'll change to English, an' in fact both languages are som' kin' of similar (i.e. pronounciation). Wait and see. But of course it won't be our problem at all, as we'll be six feet under , then.

There'll always be an England,

While there's a country lane,

Wherever there's a cottage small

Beside a field of grain.

While there's a busy street,

Wherever there's a turning wheel

A million marching feet.

:D

While there's a country lane,

Wherever there's a cottage small

Beside a field of grain.

While there's a busy street,

Wherever there's a turning wheel

A million marching feet.

:D

And did those feet in ancient time walk upon England's mountains green, and was the holy lamb of God on England's pleasent pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine shine forth upon our clouded hills? And was Jerusalem builded here, among these dark satanic mills?

I've learned this texture cause I wanted to learn English. And I also learned "Rule, Britannia", but "Jerusalem is my favorite English song. One of the best songs in the world, ...I should admit.

Edited by Arminius

I have a strange feeling you have been on this site before but with another username. Something very familiar.

No, ne'er, ne'er. :rolleyes:

The Allmighty might give s.o. a similar appearence, but that one might not be the same in persona. And if that one was, the Allmighty might him decided to become a better one. Yeah.

And did those feet in ancient time walk upon England's mountains green, and was the holy lamb of God on England's pleasent pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine shine forth upon our clouded hills? And was Jerusalem builded here, among these dark satanic mills?

I've learned this texture cause I wanted to learn English. And I also learned "Rule, Britannia", but "Jerusalem is my favorite English song. One of the best songs in the world, ...I should admit.

Oh yes - I love Jerusalem. Written by William Blake you know :) "Tiger, tiger burning bright..." etc.

He was a very religious man, but never went to Church. He hated Protestantism and Catholicism about equally. I don't know what he would have made of the Mormons!