Chat

Laureltree

WHERE IS EVERYONE IN CHAT?

I started experiencing an incompatiblity problem with the Java chat system. I tried downloading updated Java, but no improvement. I tried a different computer, same result. Is there a site related problem with the chat system?

See if clearing your browser cache works.

To empty you browser's cache using Microsoft Internet Explorer:

1. Click on Tools from your browser's main menu.

2. Select Internet Options

3. Under the General tab, click Delete Files... in the Temporary Internet files section.

4. Important: Shutdown all open instances of your web browser.

To empty you browser's cache using Netscape:

1. Click on Edit from your browser's main menu.

2. Select Preferences

3. Select and expand the Advanced category.

4. Click on Cache

5. Under Set Cache Options:

1. Click Clear Memory Cache

2. Click Clear Disk Cache

6. Click OK

7. Important: Shutdown all open instances of your web browser.

To empty you browser's cache using Microsoft Internet Explorer:

1. Click on Tools from your browser's main menu.

2. Select Internet Options

3. Under the General tab, click Delete Files... in the Temporary Internet files section.

4. Important: Shutdown all open instances of your web browser.

I'll get my brother-in-law to help me with this, since his IE toolbar etc. are all in Korean. :dontknow:

We will get it back... Just in a slump right now. :D

Go in a wait for someone to come in it starts with just one person being there.... :P

That's what I do :)

I hang around the old stompin grounds :)

<div class='quotemain'>

I'll get my brother-in-law to help me with this, since his IE toolbar etc. are all in Korean. :dontknow:

We cleared the cache, but not success. Also, I've tried two different computers. Maybe something's buggy in the chat system itself?

I'm going to send them an email about it. Sorry about that PC. Does it give the same error in both microsoft IE and firefox?

Not sure what firefox is. Both computers use IE. Also, I had no problems when I first got here. That's why I assumed it was a site problem.

<div class='quotemain'>

I'm going to send them an email about it. Sorry about that PC. Does it give the same error in both microsoft IE and firefox?

Not sure what firefox is. Both computers use IE. Also, I had no problems when I first got here. That's why I assumed it was a site problem.

Nope not a site problem. You didn't get banned from chat for misbehaving did you? :lol:

Nope not a site problem. You didn't get banned from chat for misbehaving did you? :lol:

PC PC PC..... how many times have I told you...... NOT to say Kimchee so many times in one setting...... now you have gone and done it. Banned for kimchee usage ;)

No, seriously..... I had a major problem getting into chat from one computer I had used.... the only thing I could do to get in was to reboot and go directly to chat..... not click into anything else before I got into chat.... It was the only way I could find that I could get into chat......everything else and I was blocked out.

And what are you still doing over there?

Hope the family is having fun.... enjoy your time away from beautiful Washington State!!!!!! :)

There's a link to firefox at the top of the thread. Not sure what it could be, because I can get into it just fine with IE and firefox. What version of IE are you using?

1. Sorry, I realize that firefox and mozilla are the same. If I have problems when I return home, I'll try downloading the mozilla search engine, but hesitate to do so with brother-in-law's computer.

2. I'm not sure what version of IE he's using, but most of what he has is better than what I used at home. Also, I'm able to get into other Java-based chats, such as that used at crosswalk.com.

3. Nevertheless, could be something buggy with the computers I'm using here. :dontknow:

I'll keep posting til I get it figured out, or get home.

Not unless you broke your promise and told on me. :wow:

PC PC PC..... how many times have I told you...... NOT to say Kimchee so many times in one setting...... now you have gone and done it. Banned for kimchee usage ;)

<---- Quickly swallows a huge bit of kimchee, takes a deep breath, and exhales in the direction of Lindy's little homestead!

No, seriously..... I had a major problem getting into chat from one computer I had used.... the only thing I could do to get in was to reboot and go directly to chat..... not click into anything else before I got into chat.... It was the only way I could find that I could get into chat......everything else and I was blocked out.

I'd give it a try right now, but nobody's in the room. Will try later. Thanks!

And what are you still doing over there? Hope the family is having fun.... enjoy your time away from beautiful Washington State!!!!!! :)

You know how government workers are--I'm on a 4-week vacation, sis! B)

And what are you still doing over there? Hope the family is having fun.... enjoy your time away from beautiful Washington State!!!!!! :)

You know how government workers are--I'm on a 4-week vacation, sis! B)

Well, you have yourself a great one PC!!!!

We'll wait for the kimchee fight till you get back ;)