At Lest I Could See The Nun In The Bun

Winnie G

Today on the morning news there was a report of a new sighting of Jesus on a piece of cloth hanging in a church.

I strand my eyes to see what others said they could see and nothing.

Years ago I could at lest could see Mother Teresa in the Nun Bun in that bake shop witch sold on EBay for big money.

I find these things worth a giggle.

When we live in Nova Scotia a local Tim Hortons (coffee shop like Crispy Cream) near our house was flooded with people wanting to see Jesus on the side of the building.

The parking lot was full and traffic jammed with people on some kind of pilgrimage to with coffee shop to see Jesus. After a week of TV crews and a drop in sales.

The manager finely was feed up, late one night he went out to see for him self.

He returned later with a step latter and cleaned off the light bulb shinning on the side of the coffee shop.

I guess you see what you want to see.

There was a 'Jesus sighting' in a magazine over here not so long ago...I don't know if Jesus really would have wanted his image preserving on a baking tray which was covered in old fat however!!! Yuk!! To me it just looked like the greasy baking tray needed a good old wash down...teehee.

There's also been noted in our press, Muslims finding words from the Q'uran in the position of the seeds inside a split open tomato...wonders never cease...lol.

Miracles do happen but sometimes I think it could be someone trying to get attention.

I have heard of statues of the Mother crying and when I was in Greece I have seen beautiful icons with silver tears running from her eyes, it is so beautiful and moving.

I severely doubt that those are works of man, the Orthodox church is increadibly reverent and would never mark their icons to get pubilcity.

One of my friends lost his rosary on the beach, it sunk under the sand and he thought he lost it forever. The next day he was walking along the beach and the rosary literally rose from the sand at his feet. A day later!

A lot of it is believe what you want to believe. If you want to see images you might make them up or be over observant.

Yesterday I commited a sin (as I tend to do :blush: ) and I was transferring music to my MP3 player, the computer froze and it showed my capacity, "66.6% empty".

I am not superstitious but this did shock me and reminded me not to sin again.

Going back onto the Orthodox miracles, I went to one island in Greece, the beautiful volcano of Nissyros and there is a monastery built because of a miracle (a lot of monasteries are built because of miracles). During the Turkish occupation the churches were emptied. One of the icons that were thrown into the sea was found again after the occupation in a field high in the mountains :blink: in a field. The man (I think he might have been a monk who was farming) rushed back to the town to celebrate the finding of the icon.

Then the icon was stolen and again went missing. Then the icon was found again. It is now very old and as icons are made on wood they disintigrate and so it is still in existance but incorporated into a new icon which is in the monastery, I wish I had time to see it.

There was a 'Jesus sighting' in a magazine over here not so long ago...I don't know if Jesus really would have wanted his image preserving on a baking tray which was covered in old fat however!!! Yuk!! To me it just looked like the greasy baking tray needed a good old wash down...teehee.

There's also been noted in our press, Muslims finding words from the Q'uran in the position of the seeds inside a split open tomato...wonders never cease...lol.

Yeah, I know; I believe most of these "miracles" are people seeing what they want to see. I would hope that God would have better ways to show His power than parlor tricks like "weeping" statues and images in bread dough. B)