Marines or Mission or both(?)

blkcloudrain

I am a Senior in High School and now i'm starting to find out what to do with my life. What I now feel comfortable with is joining the US Marine Corps. But I need to serve a mission as well. I love the gospel and i know it is true. I have a testimony that i base myself upon and i serve in my Stake Youth Council. I have asked alot of people what i should do and i have got both answers. But my parents disagree on it.

Can I still Serve a Mission but as a Soilder in the United States Marine Corp(?)

:confused:

Yes, you can. My boyfriend just graduated MCT and is currently at his MOS school in North Carolina. He is also planning on serving a mission. Once he finishes job school in February he will be a reservist and will then go on his mission and activate when he gets home. We have quite a few retired military in our ward that have given him great advice about how to manage the Corps life while still being a faithful member and missionary. It's not easy being LDS and in the USMC (where 90% of the guys drink, smoke, chew, cuss, and look and bad magazines), but it can be done and definitely strengthens your faith. I'm so proud of my boyfriend for being a Marine, but I'm more proud of the fact that he is able to uphold his standards in that environment. It's worth it :) Oh and PS... Marines aren't soldiers ;) They wouldn't appreciate that too much... haha