Confront visiting teacher?

JThimm88

My husband and I have been in our ward for maybe 6 months or so now. In that time frame, I've been visiting taught once by one sister -- her companion didn't come. Another 2 times, this same sister dropped by, but stood outside the door and apologized for not coming to teach, giving me baked goods.

Well, that sister has moved out of the ward -- this actually happened a month or two ago, and I didn't even know who her companion was, but I do now.

I'm wondering if it'd be a bad thing if I just mentioned to this other sister that she is supposed to be visiting teaching me? I'm not sure if she has a new companion or what, and I'm also not sure with the new year if our assignments will be changed, but... I'd really like a visit. My companion and I go see 2 sisters in our ward every month and I love it, but it's not the same as having someone come to see me, I suppose.

I'm with Vanhin -- I see nothing wrong with approaching a HT/VT. Of course, you don't have to be mean and condescending ("You've been a terrible, neglectful VT and I want you to come over now and visit teach me.") I like to approach them like I would inivite someone over for lunch/dinner/playdate.

Everything Gwen said...

In addition, I don't think CONFRONT is the word you should use. APPROACH is better or even INQUIRE.

Another good word is INVITE, as in Invite over for "Herbal Tea" and cake, cookies & milk, Lunch.

I hadn't seen a VT the first year in my old Ward. I asked the RS Pres in the presence of her secretary who my VT's were, when she told me, I went to her (she was sitting in the RS room) and invited her to lunch. Made a date for the following sat. For the next 5 years we met every other month at a restaurant for lunch, and every other month at my house. I really miss her - plan on keeping in touch via email.