What Goes on in Other Kingdoms?

UAtraveler

Hi, Everyone.

I'm new here and I've been wondering something for a long time. I can't seem to find much information about it on the Internet, so I thought I'd pose the question in this forum.

Does anyone know what people do in the kingdoms below the highest degree of the Celestial Glory? I understand there is progression in those places, but are they similar to cities we live in now but on a more majestic scale? I'm exceptionally curious how people spend their time in these locales and would appreciate any input you have.

Thanks!

Edited by UAtraveler

This has been something I've wondered in the past, because I have several family members who have left the Church or been excommunicated. I have found great comfort in Brigham Youngs statement and really hope it is true.

And they shall be servants of the Most High; but where God and Christ dwell they cannot come, worlds without end. (Doctrine and Covenants 76:111.)

I know that there is no man on this earth who can call around him property, be he a merchant, tradesman, or farmer, with his mind continually occupied with: "How shall I get this or that; how rich can I get; or, how much can I get out of this brother or from that brother?" and dicker and work, and take advantage here and there-no such man ever can magnify the priesthood nor enter the celestial kingdom. Now, remember, they will not enter that kingdom; and if they happen to go there, it will be because somebody takes them by the hand, saying, "I want you for a servant;" or, "Master, will you let this man pass in my service? "Yes, he may go into your service; but he is not fit for a lord, nor a master, nor fit to be crowned;" and if such men get there, it will be because somebody takes them in as servants. -Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses 11:297, February 3, 1867

My standing in the Church is worth to me more than this life-ten thousand thousand times. For in this I have life everlasting. In this I have the glorious promise of the associations of my loved ones throughout all eternity. In obedience to this work, in the gospel of Jesus Christ, I shall gather around me my family, my children, my children's children, until they become as numerous as the seed of Abraham, or as countless as the sands upon the seashore. For this is my right and privilege and the right and privilege of every member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who holds the priesthood and will magnify it in the sight of God. Without it there is death and desolation, disintegration and disinheritance; without it there may be a chance to become a ministering spirit, a servant unto servants throughout the endless ages; but in this gospel there is a chance to become a Son of God, in the image and likeness of the Father and of His Only Begotten Son in the flesh. I would rather take my boys and my girls to the grave, while they are innocent, than to see them… led away from the gospel of salvation. -Joseph F. Smith, Conference Reports, p. 137, April, 1912

We have little exacting information, but lots of speculation by some (like Brigham Young). Most seem to suggest there are cities, where people will continue learning and growing at their own pace and ability. D&C 76 tells us that those from the higher kingdoms will descend to teach those in the lower kingdoms as well.

Hi, Everyone.

I'm new here and I've been wondering something for a long time. I can't seem to find much information about it on the Internet, so I thought I'd pose the question in this forum.

Does anyone know what people do in the kingdoms below the highest degree of the Celestial Glory? I understand there is progression in those places, but are they similar to cities we live in now but on a more majestic scale? I'm exceptionally curious how people spend their time in these locales and would appreciate any input you have.

Thanks!

About all i can say for sure is that the work of the Lord will be done. We don't have much info on the other kingdoms.

Well, that kind-of stinks. It's a fascinating question though.

It is a good question...

and just a couple cents to throw in the pile..(IMO)-

Another good one is what counts as work of the Lord? for me, it is anything that builds the kingdom of God and brings him glory. What can do that? many many many things, for the ways to do good, and to be productful in a rightious manner are many.

I seem to recall that the social interaction will be a lot like it is now only just better.

Thank you everyone for your insight. I suppose we don't know much about these kingdoms because the Lord doesn't want us aiming to go there instead of where He resides. If we knew too much information about them, some of us might settle for spending eternity in another realm than God wants us to.