President Henry B. Eyring - Young Women Meeting Saturday March 26

President Brigham Young said “There is a need for the young daughters of Israel to get a living testimony of the truth.”

For the rest of your lives you will need that living and growing testimony to fortify you and lead your path to eternal life. With that you will be become the transmitters of the light of Christ to your brothers and sisters across the world and across generations.

A testimony will come to you in pieces as parts of the whole truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ are confirmed.

A testimony requires nurturing by the prayer of faith.

There is danger in neglecting prayer. There is danger to our testimony in only casual study in the reading of scriptures.

Feasting on the word of God, heartfelt prayer and obedience to the Lord’s commandments must be applied evenly and continually for testimony to grow and prosper.

Needed said. I have heard of so many married women that admit they used depend on the testimonies of thier parents, then when they got married the testimony of thier husband. This is sad to me. Women have the right and ability to have thier own testimony.

I know women can be afraid that they might not get one. I know some women are afraid if they do get one, they have to practically memorize the scriptures. They don't. Testimonies can be simple. From there they will grow and become a great strength to them, and their families.