Auditions for schools Senior Show. Advice?

lizzy16

Every year the seniors put togather a senior show.

I've never auditioned or been part of the drama programs at school. I thought as a one last stint in high school I'd give it a try. We're doing the play "The American Dream" by Edward Albee.

Any advice on how to do well in this audition? Or try out..or whatever they call them?

the paper says to we're reading 4 pages out of the script. I have it at home and I already read and analyzed the whole play in english. I have a strong voice (not a musical one but a loud one.)

My friends the director. There's 5 parts. From what he told me I have a great shot because theres only a few people trying out...

So tips of any sort? I don't really get nervous in front of people or crowds or anything like that... I just want to do well :)

Advice? Sure. Have fun and relax. If you know your lines that is great, If you mess up everyone will have a good laugh and you will be a hit. Everyone loves the person who makes the biggest goof but keeps plugging along. If (when) you mess up, turn to audience and grin. You will steal the show.

Do more than just memorize the part. Feel the part. So that, when you deliver the lines it is like it all came from your heart. This is sometimes hard to do when you're self-conscious or if there's another person in the scene with you. It almost feels like you have to bring yourself out of the here and now and transplant yourself fully into the scene.

Okay, okay... I was the gingerbread cookie in Hansel and Gretel which is the extent of my stage experience...

Hmm.. come to think of it, I didn't look at all like Pam! I was in a pink tutu!

Do more than just memorize the part. Feel the part. So that, when you deliver the lines it is like it all came from your heart. This is sometimes hard to do when you're self-conscious or if there's another person in the scene with you. It almost feels like you have to bring yourself out of the here and now and transplant yourself fully into the scene.

Okay, okay... I was the gingerbread cookie in Hansel and Gretel which is the extent of my stage experience...

Hmm.. come to think of it, I didn't look at all like Pam! I was in a pink tutu!

Wait a minute..are you calling me a house now? I'm just a cute little gingerbread person with gumdrop buttons. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...