Duty To God

Guest tbaird22

Guest tbaird22

No one in my wards priest group has ever completed their duty to god fully. I heard a lot stop because they dont get anything for doing it like how young women get medallions. So i was wondering do the young men get anything for completing it?

Guest tbaird22

me either. I guess no one has ever seen a young man get it in my ward. Maybe its because all it mentions in the actual DtG is a certificate. Oh well if i do complete it and don't recieve a medallion ill just order one :D

Edited by tbaird22

Seriously? The concern is “what do we get” for completing our Duty to God??? Kind of defeats the purpose don’t you think? The same rationale is what ruined Boy Scouts for me. It’s no longer about learning skills and having fun but more about earning (or purchasing rather) merit badges so you can brag. Same goes for a college degree. People want the diploma but heaven forbid they learn anything before they get it.

If no one is working on their Duty to God in your ward I suggest your Young Men’s presidency and the bishopric get together and have a long fast and pray about how to teach the young men of the purpose and importance of it. However, most of the responsibility for a young man earning his Duty to God falls with his family and parents. It doesn’t really matter overall whether they youth fulfill it to technical completion as long as it strengthens their relationship with their Heavenly Father and encourages them to serve a mission.

I don't mean to sound like a troll or whatever but I would like to see more people focus on the spirit of the law more than just discuss technical aspects.

Edited by Bumperpants
Just had more to say

• 1 month later...