Who is The Next Uber-Intellectual LDS Writer?

jlf9999

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suzie, don't get bogged down in the he-said she-said stuff. Either you agree or don't for your own reasons.

I cannot agree or disagree if you are not able to provide the source of your claim and since you are just not going to provide it (because possibly you don't have it) I am moving on. :)

Really? Well, I am very sure that after making such claim, you do have some names that you can provide right? Thanks in advance.

My grandmother, my former supervisor and several of my previous co-workers. Half the congregations in the Southern Baptist Convention. Most of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Edited by jlf9999

My grandmother, my former supervisor and several of my previous co-workers. Half the congregations in the Southern Baptist Convention. Most of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Nice to see you are the spokesperson for the Southern Baptist Convention, most Jehovah Witnesses, and others. What you are making is a blanket statement without sourcing. What you posted above will just not cut it other than to make you look like an ideologue.

Nice to see you are the spokesperson for the Southern Baptist Convention, most Jehovah Witnesses, and others. What you are making is a blanket statement without sourcing. What you posted above will just not cut it other than to make you look like an ideologue.

Yes. I appointed myself. Thank you. You might want to consider easing up a bit. Learn to see tongue-in-cheek stuff when you come across it. :D

Yes. I appointed myself. Thank you. You might want to consider easing up a bit. Learn to see tongue-in-cheek stuff when you come across it. :D

Then try using the emoticons more often. Because what you posted move along the same lines as other post's of yours.

I would kindly suggest that next time you decide to debate, please ensure you have serious sources to back up your claims. No, your cousin doesn't count neither the best friend of your second aunt.

Guest tbaird22

i was curious about this too.. glad to see someone posted it :D

so no one like nibley... thats unfortunate but i agree that there are multiple "think tanks" i have often used FAIRmormon to respond to bible thumpers

Personally, I DO like Hugh Nibley. For the times, he did some great stuff. However, it is all very dated, and so the evidence he presents must be considered in light of modern techniques and discoveries.

One thing that always concerned me about Nibley's work, though, was he would often mention something he'd discovered, but would not go into enough detail so that others could also go back to the source material, or even secondary documents. That was frustrating for me, but he was the springboard to get me started in reading and studying the primary documents and translations for myself.