LDS Musicians.

I need a list, please.

Who I know of:

Gladys Knight - soul/jazz/R&B

The Osmonds - pop

Cove Reber - melodic rock/post-hardcore (ex-vocalist of Saosin, one of my favorite bands ever)

Brandon Flowers - alternative/melodic rock (vocalist of The Killers)

Gary Allan - country/pop

David Archuleta - american idol pop

Will Butler - alternative rock (guitarist of Arcade Fire)

There has to be more than this. Please add. Thank you. :D

Edited by PrinceofLight2000

Tal Bachman used to be LDS, but has left the Church. Also his father, Randy Bachman (of Bachman-Turner Overdrive, and The Guess Who), used to be, but has also left the Church.

The Aquabats

Scot Alexander (bassist for Dishwalla)

SHeDAISY (all three sisters)

Ryan Shupe & the RubberBand

Marvin Goldstein

Maren Ord

Gary Allan

Some of these I knew already, some I pulled from here: Famous Mormons

Are these their own acts or are they part of a band? Also, what genres? I'm editing my OP to conform to these questions too haha.

The two Jenny's that Pam referenced are primarily LDS artists. I took your OP to mean that you were looking for mainstream artists that are LDS, not "LDS artists."

Tal Bachman used to be LDS, but has left the Church. Also his father, Randy Bachman (of Bachman-Turner Overdrive, and The Guess Who), used to be, but has also left the Church.

The Aquabats

Scot Alexander (bassist for Dishwalla)

SHeDAISY (all three sisters)

Ryan Shupe & the RubberBand

Marvin Goldstein

Maren Ord

Gary Allan

Some of these I knew already, some I pulled from here: Famous Mormons

Cheater. :D

The two Jenny's that Pam referenced are primarily LDS artists. I took your OP to mean that you were looking for mainstream artists that are LDS, not "LDS artists."

You are correct, although I'm looking for non-mainstream as well as mainstream. Secular might be a better word, I dunno though. Maybe just non-LDS worship artists /cerebralsemanticbreakdown Edited by PrinceofLight2000

Cheater. :D

I knew The Aquabats, SHeDAISY, Ryan Shupe & the RubberBand, and Marvin Goldstein already, and I knew the Bachmans, though I didn't know that they'd left the Church. So that's only three from my list that I didn't know. I recognized their names pretty easily, though.

I knew The Aquabats, SHeDAISY, Ryan Shupe & the RubberBand, and Marvin Goldstein already, and I knew the Bachmans, though I didn't know that they'd left the Church. So that's only three from my list that I didn't know. I recognized their names pretty easily, though.

5/8? 62.5%

F

See me after class.

5/8? 62.5%

F

See me after class.

It's statistically significant.

Also, Travis Barker, drummer for Blink-182 used to be part of the Aquabats (most of whose members are LDS), but I'm not sure he actually ever was. (And I didn't look that one up on the site, though it's there. That I remembered on my own and verified through Wiki.)

Julianne Hough, I suppose counts, as she is officially a country artist.

It's statistically significant.

Also, Travis Barker, drummer for Blink-182 used to be part of the Aquabats (most of whose members are LDS), but I'm not sure he actually ever was. (And I didn't look that one up on the site, though it's there. That I remembered on my own and verified through Wiki.)

Julianne Hough, I suppose counts, as she is officially a country artist.

Statistically significant of your FAILURE. :P

I'm not finding anything certifiable on Travis.

Apparently two Jimmy Eat World members are inactives.

I think I must have heard that at some point, because I almost looked them up.

You have the memory of an elephant but you went and CHEATED?! Why, Wing, I am so disappointed in you as a student. I had such bright hopes for your career at guessing LDS musicians but they have now been dashed. You're going to have to go over all the course material AGAIN. Do it right this time.

LOL I JUST DIED LAUGHING GUYS

"Anthony Green" 6:29 pm

gawsh when you LDS call people inactives

"Anthony Green" 6:29 pm

sounds like you guys have sleeper cells all around the world

I just showed him this thread because he's a fellow music buff and might be able to contribute. ahahahaha