Is there any truth to this?

Guest tbaird22

Guest tbaird22

Recently, I discovered my deceased abuelo's journal. It contains a variety of journals from when he was a patriarch to personal history. In his patriarch journal, he talks about how he got the impression that starting around the year 2000 things would get really bad as far as sin, attacking the family, etc. But after that the church would grow tremendously i think he used DC 109:73. Anyways, as i am stripped of time today while preparing for mothers day and my friends baptism i was wondering if anyone knew of scriptures that support such a claim?

For anyone interested in learning about my abuelo:

SVP - Blog

Your abuelo had a personal revelation. It applies to only him, unless you pray and get it confirmed for yourself or one of the general authorities announce it for the church.

The scriptures talking about things getting worse and sin increasing are pretty much end of the world/2nd coming related. None give a solid year 2000 date, but it could fit quiet easily.

Um....most of the scriptures that deal with the second coming would support it. Of course the world has been steadily turning to wickedness for some time now, so that aspect is hardly a shocker. As far as the year, personal revelation is what it is. The best way to verify it is to take the matter to God and ask him. If he told anyone else, he'll let you know as well.

Guest tbaird22

thanks guys! i dont think it was personal revelation so much as it was a hunch he had after the more recent blessings he had given. but i could be wrong i wish he was here so i could ask him about the dinosaur vs age of the earth...