Anybody here follow Dancing With The Stars and/or Top Shot?

This season has been an interesting one.

I think Chelsea Kane is going to win the whole thing but my favorite is Kirstie Alley! I liked how she overcame pretty much anything thrown her way and not only rose above it all, but conquered it! I also like the relationship she has with her partner. They're the best team in the competition. Kendra and her partner did not have that unity and they almost looked painfully uncomfortable with each other. I didn't mind her getting booted off last week.

On Top Shot... this season was awesome. I was so not liking George - arrogant as all get! But in the end there... he surprised me! I ended up loving him. It was super awesome that Chris won the whole thing. I wanted him to win from the very start - he was my favorite there.

I'm so not a TV person so I thought I'd make commentary on the 2 shows that I did manage to catch on DVR.

YEAH! Macchio is still in there, amazingly! I thought he would be the one to go for sure! I mean, he is a good dancer, no doubt about it. But, so is Romeo. So yeah, Macchio sure got lucky this week!

I have to say, I actually sat down to watch the show yesterday complete with commercials. I thought it was AWESOME! I love those performances especially the violin/guitar duel and the tenor. I don't get the Adele one - I mean, I've never heard of her before this week and she's supposed to be this big time grammy winner or something. And then she sang and I didn't really find anything distinctive about her song/voice, and she's a very conservative performer, nothing electrifying... so, I feel like I'm not seeing something?

Chris Brown was great except man, he can't lip-synch very good. :)

My wife tends to fast forward through the musical numbers until she sees dancing. She likes more of the story and 'drama' of the contestants. I watch because she twist my arm to watch it with her. Admittedly when I realized she was encouraging me to watch attractive ladies in barely there outfits, shimmy and shake what they got... It didn't take much twisting... and I still get the brownie points :D

I've been following when I remember to watch what I've Tivo'd.

Kirstie Alley is my favourite on the show, apart from Bruno, of course. :) I think she's done a slam-dunk of a job and it looks like she's really started to enjoy herself. She's put a lot of hard work into this and you can SEE it. I think she's actually toned-up quite a bit since this thing started. Good for her! I remember reading that initially she didn't want to touch DWTS. Glad she did. I know she's inspirational to a lot of people.

I've been following when I remember to watch what I've Tivo'd.

Kirstie Alley is my favourite on the show, apart from Bruno, of course. :) I think she's done a slam-dunk of a job and it looks like she's really started to enjoy herself. She's put a lot of hard work into this and you can SEE it. I think she's actually toned-up quite a bit since this thing started. Good for her! I remember reading that initially she didn't want to touch DWTS. Glad she did. I know she's inspirational to a lot of people.

Did you see Bruno in that Elton John music video I'm Still Standing? That was absolutely hilarious!

My wife and I watched Top Shot pretty regularly. I wasn't a George fan either until the last episode when he missed on purpose.

Chris Tilley's dad owns the best handgun range in the area so I've seen him a few times, he's an OK guy but smells pretty badly of cigs. I wasn't rooting for him though, I liked Ashley and Chris Reed.

I think that was a good elimination. I mean - I love Ralph, but if I have to choose somebody out of the 4, then yeah, he would be who I choose to get eliminated.

I LOVE KIRSTIE! I can't believe she's still in it! I'm just so thrilled for her! I would love it if she won but I don't think it will be a fair win.

Here's what I think should be the win order completely based on skill level:

1.) Chelsea

2.) Hines

3.) Kirstie

I know, it's kinda sad to see Kirstie on 3rd, but alas, skill-wise, those other 2 are just better.

P.S. Anybody think Kirstie's woman-rejects-man dances are getting to be too much? It seems like a lot of her dances are themed that way... it's starting to make me roll my eyes saying, "Not again!".

Edited by anatess

Heh... I think Bruno's comment about Ralph's dance was way out of line. (I am pretty sure I can't even repeat it here)

I agree that the other three are better dancers.

I am hearing rumors that the Winner Take all Cha Cha... has been added to help the better but not so popular dancers avoid elimination. (There has been some upsets in the past due to this) I am not so sure I totally like that idea

Heh... I think Bruno's comment about Ralph's dance was way out of line. (I am pretty sure I can't even repeat it here)

I agree that the other three are better dancers.

I am hearing rumors that the Winner Take all Cha Cha... has been added to help the better but not so popular dancers avoid elimination. (There has been some upsets in the past due to this) I am not so sure I totally like that idea

Yes, this is exactly why it was added. And I totally like that idea! That's why I don't like American Idol. The 3 judges are nothing but a waste of air time. Sanjaya should have gotten eliminated a lot earlier than he has... Clay Aiken should have won, Adam Lambert should have won... etc. etc.

Yes, this is exactly why it was added. And I totally like that idea! That's why I don't like American Idol. The 3 judges are nothing but a waste of air time. Sanjaya should have gotten eliminated a lot earlier than he has... Clay Aiken should have won, Adam Lambert should have won... etc. etc.

I don't watch Idol myself, but the whole premise of these types of shows is to hook the audience in with the idea that they can 'make a difference' With DWTS its always been a 50/50 split between judges and viewers. The winner take all is really just a sneaky way of having the judges grant a type of immunity, without looking like that are granting an immunity.

I am not against the idea of the judges being able to do so... just the sneaky way its being used. We are never given the break down of the viewer votes so we can't see who might be border line and work to boost them.

Wow... Kirstie beat Chelsea... that is just Wow

I KNOW, RIGHT!!! I mean, man, I would think the Disney kid has more fans than the Cheers lady!

But wow, yeah, no question on Hines Ward. It's like the entire Pittsburg Steelers fan base flooded the phones! LOL!

You know I've been rooting for Kristie all the way through... but what was Maks thinking? That free-style was hideous! The unitard was not even... man, it's like my mother wearing a spice girl outfit - not gonna work! And, of course, you can only pull off a unitard with her figure if it was black - so you don't get to see the details of her dance moves. It was idiotic. I was hoping to see some really sweet romantic mixed-ballroom with some great lifts. Not gymnastics lifts! Ballroom lifts!

Anyway, you got Chelsea - oooooh!!! I LOVE her free-style! It was so fresh! I got all the DVDs of Step It Up (no, I skip through the story, except for the first one... I just go watch the Dances) and Chelsea's free-style was so like Step it Up 3 Final Dance... it was awesome!!!!!

Hines, of course, was amazing in the quickstep. I love the "halftime show" theme as well. So, yeah, fans or not, I can see him win. But, I think Chelsea is the better improved dancer than Hines...

So yeah, I was a bit disappointed but hey, Josh Groban made up for all of it!!!