Happy Elders and the BoM

dahlia

While showing my missionaries a display of various bibles we have in our univ library, one asked if we had a first edition of the BoM, and we did! They were two happy elders when the curator brought out the box holding the book and opened it before them. They got to hold it and read from it and two happier young men there never were.

I'm usually better at this tech stuff, but can't figure how to insert a picture - the 'insert image' won't take my URL from Facebook. I should be able to upload directly from my computer, but I'm zoning at the moment. If someone tells me how, I'll put up a picture.

I'm usually better at this tech stuff, but can't figure how to insert a picture - the 'insert image' won't take my URL from Facebook. I should be able to upload directly from my computer, but I'm zoning at the moment. If someone tells me how, I'll put up a picture.

I usually upload to Photobucket (Flickr would also work) and then use the link from there. Part of that is to maintain anonymity, and part is because when I control the other end of the link, I know that the photo isn't going to suddenly disappear if someone updates a website.

I just got a reproduction of the 1830 edition, replica binding method and everything. I wonder how many original copies are known to exist worldwide.

About 500 as of 2007. I actually looked around the net on this topic a few days ago and that's what I saw then. The NYT article is just the first one that popped up on Google today.

See: Copy of Book of Mormon Is Auctioned for $105,000 - NYTimes.com