Can You Spot a Mormon?

Guest mirancs8

If you travel away from Utah (if you live there), or if you live in a location without many members of the church, can you pick members out?

Yes. It's just a feeling for me.

My husband visited Israel a couple of years ago on business and he brought back a pamphlet about the Garden Tomb and other sites sacred to Christians. In this pamphlet there were pictures of different tour groups that had visited the site. Glancing through these pictures it occurred to me that one of the groups looked LDS but I couldn't say exactly why. It was odd, since all of the groups were composed of "conservative" looking couples, older couples, modestly dressed, etc. I showed the picture to my husband and upon closer inspection he noticed a man in the group that looked LDS that was a member of our former stake. We also noticed, looking closer at the other groups, that there were religious symbols on a few of their backpacks, hats, and such that indicated they were of another denomination. So my first impression, after just a glance, was right on. It was remarkable to me!

Yes, it's the Mr Potato head tattoo. A dead give away every time. It could also be how a persons clothing is worn. In a way that does not expose the persons garments. In other words, a lady wearing really short daisy dukes IMO would probably not be an active member, but, I have been wrong in the past.

I've been able to pick out fellow Mormons occasionally, esp. at work. We seem to gravitate towards one another without even knowing it lol. I remember ages ago when I was working at a food processing plant freezer and was talking to someone about Mormons and how neither of us seem to have that 'aura'. Yet, looking back, the only two Mormons in the whole crew managed to find each other lol.