Was Jesus Married?

Fascism

There is no official doctrine on it, however many members including those in high places believe He was.

I personally don't believe He was married/sealed while He was here on Earth, but its not going to affect my testimony if I find out He was -- its not important to anyones salvation one was or another on this topic.

Why do I not believe? He was already (a) God when He came to Earth, therefore (IMHO) He already had fulfilled that requirement before he came here.

Just my PERSONAL opinion and as I said there is no DOCTRINE either way.

To me there is no doubt that He was/is married/sealed IMHO to fulfill all rightousness-- just where did that happen is what I would question.

And in terms of salvation or exaltation - it doesn't matter one bit what the answer turns out to be.

My 2 cents and worth every penny you paid to hear it. :D

When you say He was a God when He came to Earth, which I also believe, do you think He was Exalted?

To answer the original question as to whether or not the Savior was married, it seems to me that the church gave an official statement not too long ago (right around the time the "Davinci Code came out that the Savior was not married.

I looked it up somewhat on the internet and here is what I found; Jesus Christ/Was Jesus married - FAIRMormon

Hope this helps

Edited by Dove

To answer the original question as to whether or not the Savior was married, it seems to me that the church gave an official statement not too long ago (right around the time the "Davinci Code came out that the Savior was not married.

I looked it up somewhat on the internet and here is what I found; Jesus Christ/Was Jesus married - FAIRMormon

Hope this helps

The link clearly states that the Church takes no position on the matter.

The link clearly states that the Church takes no position on the matter.

Right~ I haven't found the official statement given by the church about the Savior not being married. I have been trying to find it and so far what I have read supports the link I originally posted....I may have not heard it correctly at the time.....

Wasn't Christ also called or referred to as Rabbi? and don't rabbis have to be married?

He was called rabbi (which meant as much as the English honorific sir), but he was not a rabbi. Rabbis as an institution did not exist yet, and the sages before the destruction of the temple were usually refered to as hachamim. Rabbis did not have to be married, there was no regulation or requirement for it. Celibacy for the sake of pursuing knowledge of the Torah was actually not as rare as we would think.

There is no official doctrine on the topic. But I think logic points to Jesus being married. Fortunately, our salvation is not dependent on this issue, so, although we may speculate, if a revelation came from Heaven one way or another, we would not be shaken in our faith.

I agree, logically Jesus was married since He was meant as an example to the covenants we take and the way we live our lives. Whether He was or not or to whom he was married doesn't have any affect on our salvation.