The Worst Thing About Being Homosexual

Ray

The worst thing about being a homosexual is the distrust of narrow-minded people.

Fear and distain from so-called Christ minded people.

Who preach fear and hate towards others, no matter the orientation.

Then there is confusion as to why I am so different and wanting to be so called nominal, so others won’t heap their confusion on me.

The wish of just wanting to be me.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**** Knowing, as I do, the endless difficulties that will arise from trying to decide exactly where on the sexual spectrum to draw the line, I choose to draw the line where it has been traditionally drawn: that no sexual relationship is equal to marriage. *****

Works for me. It's pretty much what Gays want too. Because for the true homosexual; they are not going to change. As far as what I've noticed about you; you used to be far more accepting and kind towards those not like you. I don't know if it's marraige/family/rat race which has seemingly altered you. But it's as if you don't care much for those "not of your ilk". And not just homosexuals. In 10-15 years I can see you holding a certain overall contempt for folks like me as well. And perhaps I do am doing, or may do the same in reverse. I just hate to see trends towards less humanity. Maybe that's why I prefer to work with kids so much. They are innocents. Adults have too much baggage.

People can have friends who are the same sex without being homosexual, so why be homosexual? What is gained? Are people homosexual merely because they have that sexual desire? Is that why they should be homosexual, so that they can fulfill that homosexual desire?

Why do you call a homosexual couple a “family”? Are you trying to redefine that word now too? I say that the family is the basic unit of society, and that the family contributes to what society becomes. How does being homosexual contribute to society? I’m not asking about any other things that homosexuals can do that can be considered good, I’m asking about what good is or can be done merely by being homosexual? If all people were homosexual, society would collapse. If only some people are homosexual, society won’t collapse, but homosexuality certainly doesn’t contribute to the welfare of society, does it?

To believe that homosexuality contributes to society is like believing that people should do what they want to do because that’s what they want to be happy, and if all people are happy, then society is okay. But is that really the way it would work? What if the happiness of one group of people negatively influences the happiness of other groups of people in society? How would we determine who should be allowed to be happy, and who should alter their behavior because their happiness is having a negative influence on others? Would it help society if one group of people shut everyone out of their lives because what they do has a negative influence on their lives, with people making their life exactly the way they want it in their own homes, but when they go out in society, watch out, because You never know what you might see or what other people might do? Is that really how you want society to be? Or maybe everyone just learn to accept whatever anyone does and wants to do as long as it makes someone happy? Is that what you want?

I envision heaven as a place where I will see only good things happening, with society in total agreement about what is good. It just wouldn’t be heaven if people had opposing views about things, because there would be no agreement about how things should be. Hopefully someday the Earth will become like that too.

**** People can have friends who are the same sex without being homosexual, so why be homosexual?*****

I have lots of male friends. Many who I can say I love. Many who over the years I have become very close too. But none who I love the way I love my wife. Never even a hint of that. Never the puppy love butterflies. None of that. Have you ever actually experienced any of this?

*** What is gained? Are people homosexual merely because they have that sexual desire? Is that why they should be homosexual, so that they can fulfill that homosexual desire? ****

Love. In the way I love my wife. But if you've never experienced it; it's kind of hard to explain.

*** Why do you call a homosexual couple a “family”?****

Because they are.

**** Are you trying to redefine that word now too? I say that the family is the basic unit of society, and that the family contributes to what society becomes. ****

That would be them.

**** How does being homosexual contribute to society? I’m not asking about any other things that homosexuals can do that can be considered good, I’m asking about what good is or can be done merely by being homosexual? *****

I would give the same answer as I have given before and it is also the same answer I would give for heterosexuals. Are you not actually reading what I post. If you are, what specifically don't you understand?

*** If all people were homosexual, society would collapse. ****

But they are not.

**** If only some people are homosexual, society won’t collapse, but homosexuality certainly doesn’t contribute to the welfare of society, does it? ****

Every bit as much as heterosexuality.

**** To believe that homosexuality contributes to society is like believing that people should do what they want to do because that’s what they want to be happy, and if all people are happy, then society is okay. ****

Yeah I forgot. Religious people don't like to be happy. My bad.

*** But is that really the way it would work? What if the happiness of one group of people negatively influences the happiness of other groups of people in society? How would we determine who should be allowed to be happy, and who should alter their behavior because their happiness is having a negative influence on others? ***

How are my relatives potential marraige affecting you? Perhaps we should ban your religion. Because it is affecting people in Utah who do not believe in it. Same thing.

**** Would it help society if one group of people shut everyone out of their lives because what they do has a negative influence on their lives, with people making their life exactly the way they want it in their own homes, but when they go out in society, watch out, because You never know what you might see or what other people might do? ******

I could say the exact samething about religions, and various religious beliefs.... including yours. You could say the same about my non-belief. What is the difference?

**** Is that really how you want society to be? Or maybe everyone just learn to accept whatever anyone does and wants to do as long as it makes someone happy? Is that what you want? *****

A bit simplistic...... but it's a start.

**** I envision heaven as a place where I will see only good things happening, with society in total agreement about what is good. It just wouldn’t be heaven if people had opposing views about things, because there would be no agreement about how things should be. Hopefully someday the Earth will become like that too. *****

Sounds incredibly boring.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Ray@Mar 4 2004, 11:58 AM

If some scientists could determine that some men naturally have a sexual attraction to young little girls, would you say that those men have the right to do what they want to do?

Oh please Ray. Can't you see a difference between a grown man molesting a helpless child and a grown man engaging in sexual relations with another grown man consentually? I would have every child molester put to death if I could. I think it's a sin of incomparable depravity. The child has no choice in the matter. How can you put that in the same category as consentual homosexuality? If you really can't see the difference than you need help.

Originally posted by curvette+Mar 4 2004, 02:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Mar 4 2004, 02:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 4 2004, 11:58 AM

If some scientists could determine that some men naturally have a sexual attraction to young little girls, would you say that those men have the right to do what they want to do?

Oh please Ray. Can't you see a difference between a grown man molesting a helpless child and a grown man engaging in sexual relations with another grown man consentually? I would have every child molester put to death if I could. I think it's a sin of incomparable depravity. The child has no choice in the matter. How can you put that in the same category as consentual homosexuality? If you really can't see the difference than you need help.

What is sad is you believe there is no harm done in consenting fornication, or consenting homosexuality. And you choose to be homosexual, you are not "born" that way. That shpiel doesn't work. Sorry. Try something new. How bout, it is an abominable sin before God, it halts your eternal progression, and it desicrates the union of souls that was created for the purpose of sanctifying an eternal companionship. There is no good that comes from it, to say otherwise is to rely on an arm of flesh and fall far from the precepts that God has placed before us. Don't give me that whole "I don't believe in your God" line. Guess what you are on a Mormon forum. Not only that, but it doesn't matter what you "think", He is not the "Mormon" God, he is not something Joseph Smith created. He is the Father of all that is Eternal and righteous. He created you, whether you want to believe so or not. You can choose not to accept him, that doesn't change the fact that he is your God. In that great day when the Lord Jesus Christ returns to gather his people and reign every knee shall bend, and every tongue shall confess. Come hard, or don't come at all. You have a lot to learn, and I truly pity those who challenge(willingly I might add)his wrath and judgement.

What is sad is you believe there is no harm done in consenting fornication, or consenting homosexuality.*****

Not to me.

**** And you choose to be homosexual, you are not "born" that way. That shpiel doesn't work. *****

Prove it. From what school did you get your advanced degree in biology and genetics.

*** Sorry. Try something new. How bout, it is an abominable sin before God, it halts your eternal progression, and it desicrates the union of souls that was created for the purpose of sanctifying an eternal companionship.*****

Fatih thing. One I do not share so I don't sweat it.

**** There is no good that comes from it, to say otherwise is to rely on an arm of flesh and fall far from the precepts that God has placed before us. Don't give me that whole "I don't believe in your God" line. Guess what you are on a Mormon forum. Not only that, but it doesn't matter what you "think", He is not the "Mormon" God, he is not something Joseph Smith created. He is the Father of all that is Eternal and righteous. He created you, whether you want to believe so or not. You can choose not to accept him, that doesn't change the fact that he is your God. *****

Prove it. If you can I will be compelled. If you cannot, then your God has no more validity than the invisible firebreathing dragon I have living in my garage. Remember what I said about being the anti-missionary? Very few intelligent people with a modicum of education will be swayed by you beating them over the head with your beliefs. Really. It chases away far more people than it convinces. Is this your intent? For example; if you viewpoint was the only avenue I had into the world of the LDS I would go all out in convincing my young-un to stay away. But I know different. I know of many kind and good people in your faith. So if she wants to go..... even at age eight she is welcome too. Oh, here is my kid (the big guy is not me)..... tough but cute....

http://www.amateurwrestlingphotos.com/meng...aber%200088.htm

**** In that great day when the Lord Jesus Christ returns to gather his people and reign every knee shall bend, and every tongue shall confess. Come hard, or don't come at all. You have a lot to learn, and I truly pity those who challenge(willingly I might add)his wrath and judgement. *****

Are you sure you are LDS? You sound much more like a evangalist Christian. Fire and brimstone and all of that.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by porterrockwell@Mar 4 2004, 02:03 PM

Come hard, or don't come at all. You have a lot to learn, and I truly pity those who challenge(willingly I might add)his wrath and judgement.

Oh boo hoo! I'm soooooo glad you're so worried about my eternal soul.

"Come hard, or don't come at all"?????? That's an interesting comment.

Originally posted by sgallan@Mar 4 2004, 03:13 PM

What is sad is you believe there is no harm done in consenting fornication, or consenting homosexuality.*****

Not to me.

**** And you choose to be homosexual, you are not "born" that way. That shpiel doesn't work. *****

Prove it. From what school did you get your advanced degree in biology and genetics.

*** Sorry. Try something new. How bout, it is an abominable sin before God, it halts your eternal progression, and it desicrates the union of souls that was created for the purpose of sanctifying an eternal companionship.*****

Fatih thing. One I do not share so I don't sweat it.

**** There is no good that comes from it, to say otherwise is to rely on an arm of flesh and fall far from the precepts that God has placed before us. Don't give me that whole "I don't believe in your God" line. Guess what you are on a Mormon forum. Not only that, but it doesn't matter what you "think", He is not the "Mormon" God, he is not something Joseph Smith created. He is the Father of all that is Eternal and righteous. He created you, whether you want to believe so or not. You can choose not to accept him, that doesn't change the fact that he is your God. *****

Prove it. If you can I will be compelled. If you cannot, then your God has no more validity than the invisible firebreathing dragon I have living in my garage. Remember what I said about being the anti-missionary? Very few intelligent people with a modicum of education will be swayed by you beating them over the head with your beliefs. Really. It chases away far more people than it convinces. Is this your intent? For example; if you viewpoint was the only avenue I had into the world of the LDS I would go all out in convincing my young-un to stay away. But I know different. I know of many kind and good people in your faith. So if she wants to go..... even at age eight she is welcome too. Oh, here is my kid (the big guy is not me)..... tough but cute....

http://www.amateurwrestlingphotos.com/meng...aber%200088.htm

**** In that great day when the Lord Jesus Christ returns to gather his people and reign every knee shall bend, and every tongue shall confess. Come hard, or don't come at all. You have a lot to learn, and I truly pity those who challenge(willingly I might add)his wrath and judgement. *****

Are you sure you are LDS? You sound much more like a evangalist Christian. Fire and brimstone and all of that.

The only reason people come down hard on you is because they have tried with unceasing fellowship to share with you the Gospel, and you throw it back in their face. Not only that, but if you are offended or put off by this, or feel that I am brow beating, then maybe it is telling you something. Harshness of word, when spoken in truth is only offensive to that which perpatrates against the Lord's will. I am a very good missionary, however, I have never come across blaitant ignorance, and outright disrespect before. I won't stand by and let you or any other Telestialite dirty the name of God, or our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. How is that "Come hard or don't come at all" phrase interesting? ALso, I can prove it, I went through it, I fought it. i concquered it. I have a testimony that it is not something that is insurmountable. It is immoral and vile and if one truly wishes to follow the will of God he/she will work unceasingly to deny such carnal mindedness to control them.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by porterrockwell@Mar 4 2004, 02:30 PM

ALso, I can prove it, I went through it, I fought it. i concquered it.

Wow. You are a pillar of righteousness. We are not worthy...

Guest TheProudDuck

Originally posted by sgallan@Mar 4 2004, 12:41 PM

****  Knowing, as I do, the endless difficulties that will arise from trying to decide exactly where on the sexual spectrum to draw the line, I choose to draw the line where it has been traditionally drawn: that no sexual relationship is equal to marriage. *****

Works for me. It's pretty much what Gays want too. Because for the true homosexual; they are not going to change. As far as what I've noticed about you; you used to be far more accepting and kind towards those not like you. I don't know if it's marraige/family/rat race which has seemingly altered you. But it's as if you don't care much for those "not of your ilk". And not just homosexuals. In 10-15 years I can see you holding a certain overall contempt for folks like me as well. And perhaps I do am doing, or may do the same in reverse. I just hate to see trends towards less humanity. Maybe that's why I prefer to work with kids so much. They are innocents. Adults have too much baggage.

I think you're seeing a change where there has been none. My position on this issue hasn't changed, although events have caused me to give that position much more thought recently.

I decline to be put on the defensive on this subject. Might I invite you to look in the mirror? You and I were generally on the same side of many debates, against the "one-size-fits-all" approach to religion. Now that I disagree with you on a point where you have strong feelings, suddenly my disagreement means I'm not "accepting and kind"; that I'm becoming "homophobic"; that I view you and your intellectual side as an "ilk" (such a loaded word, that!), for whom I will eventually have contempt.

You spoke of increased partisanship. I think that a major cause of this is the refusal of too many people to acknowledge that reasonable disagreement is possible.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by TheProudDuck@Mar 4 2004, 02:37 PM

Now that I disagree with you on a point where you have strong feelings, suddenly my disagreement means I'm not "accepting and kind"; that I'm becoming "homophobic"; that I view you and your intellectual side as an "ilk" (such a loaded word, that!), for whom I will eventually have contempt.

Sorry to butt into this conversation, but I don't think Proud Duck is homophobic. I think his view of accepting that homosexuals exist and suggesting celibacy for them is a very moderate viewpoint for an LDS person. I don't think he hates or fears anyone. Duck's opinions, as far as I've seen, are never based on fear and certainly never ignorance.

Originally posted by curvette+Mar 4 2004, 01:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Mar 4 2004, 01:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 4 2004, 11:58 AM

But what if the little girl was given the choice. What if it wasn’t a violent molestation? What if the man made it sound appealing, and the girl agreed to do it because she loved the man? What if the man was her father, and she did it because she loves him? What if the whole family grew up with the idea that that was okay, and the children continued that tradition in their own families?

In other words, do you only think it’s wrong if you think about violence? What if two consenting people agree?

WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE?

The only reason people come down hard on you is because they have tried with unceasing fellowship to share with you the Gospel, and you throw it back in their face.*****

I do that with the truly holier than thou types. It's entertains me.

*** Not only that, but if you are offended or put off by this, or feel that I am brow beating, then maybe it is telling you something. *****

Offend? LOL..... no;, what PD espouses I find offensive. Why? Because I see him becoming the worse kind of conservative. One with no compassion. You? Religious zealots are a dime a dozen. They humor me.

*** Harshness of word, when spoken in truth is only offensive to that which perpatrates against the Lord's will. *****

Ahh, here is that dime a dozen thingy I was talking about.

**** I am a very good missionary, however, I have never come across blaitant ignorance, and outright disrespect before.******

You have obviously lived a very sheltered life. You do not respect me. Why should I respect you?

**** I won't stand by and let you or any other Telestialite dirty the name of God, or our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.****

Wow, aren't you special. Yup, you are obviously better than everybody else. And heck, I thought I lacked humility..... you got me beat. I bow before the master.

**** How is that "Come hard or don't come at all" phrase interesting? ALso, I can prove it, I went through it, I fought it. i concquered it. I have a testimony that it is not something that is insurmountable. It is immoral and vile and if one truly wishes to follow the will of God he/she will work unceasingly to deny such carnal mindedness to control them. *****

LOL..... you ever heard of the word Pharisee? I am almost thinking this is a charade. Either way, it's pretty funny.

PD -

I can only hope you never have a Gay child. Or an addicted child. Or anything on the margin of what you consider proper (which is most of the rest of humanity). Because if you do, you'll be devestated. At a loss. And you won't know what to do. Suddenly it would be at your door step. Then what will you do. If it's drugs it will be harder to just toss a loved one in jail for possession. If they are Gay it will be one of those lost children. The one you'll talk to with the others in your Ward about that poor lost child of ours. I've seen people with their adult kids - who are far less conservative than you - do it with their lost sheep. I feel for them. Because of that kid who married outside of the faith. Or didn't go on a mission. Or might smoke or drink. They think of themselves as failures as parents to that child. And the kid (now adults).... yup, they know what the parents think.

Originally posted by curvette+Mar 4 2004, 03:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Mar 4 2004, 03:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 4 2004, 03:31 PM

WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE?

I draw the line where people are consenting adults.

Why do you draw the line there? Is that your personal idea of righteousness? That as long as people are consenting, and as long as they’re adults, they should be able to do whatever they want to do sexually?

I hope you someday come to know that your own ideas and reasoning is in opposition to the will of our Father in heaven. Your ideas may make sense to you, and you may think that everyone else should think like you, but I know that God doesn’t, and me neither.

***** But what if the little girl was given the choice. What if it wasn’t a violent molestation? What if the man made it sound appealing, and the girl agreed to do it because she loved the man? What if the man was her father, and she did it because she loves him? What if the whole family grew up with the idea that that was okay, and the children continued that tradition in their own families? *****

Thats is why the law distinguishes between adults and non-adults. A family friend landed his butt in prison recently. Why? He had a sexual relationship with a girl from the age of 13 or 14 until around 16. It was consensual. He won her over. Well once she hit adulthood, and started to think as an adult, it occurred to her what he did was wrong. So she went to the police, called him, reminiced about "old times", got it all on tape, and off to the hokey he went. He was an idiot, and lost a 25 year business, not to mention his freedom. Prison is what he deserved. Still, he is a friend..... albeit a stupid one.

The link and nasty details....

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northco...iropractor.html

*** In other words, do you only think it’s wrong if you think about violence? What if two consenting people agree?

WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE? *****

Consenting adults.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Ray@Mar 4 2004, 03:45 PM

Is that your personal idea of righteousness? That as long as people are consenting, and as long as they’re adults, they should be able to do whatever they want to do sexually?

You just don't get it. It doesn't matter what MY idea of personal righteousness is. I draw the line there because it's none of my damn business what they do if they both are happy with it!

Why do you draw the line there? Is that your personal idea of righteousness? That as long as people are consenting, and as long as they’re adults, they should be able to do whatever they want to do sexually? *****

Pretty much. As long as they are not hurting another. I have been married for 15 years and we have been together as a couple for 18 years. I have never strayed or even considered it. Even during the seperations due to the drug nightmare with divorce papers on file. Why? Because it would hurt my wife, which could end the relationship thus hurting me. Now there is a kid involved as well. That, and she would hack off my organ. But if others have a different sort of relationship..... whatever floats their boat.

**** I hope you someday come to know that your own ideas and reasoning is in opposition to the will of our Father in heaven. Your ideas may make sense to you, and you may think that everyone else should think like you, but I know that God doesn’t, and me neither. ****

And I am sure the Wahabbi Muslims think the same about some of your immoral practices as well.....

A thought just occurred to me. You know what is really ironic about what my friend did with reagrds to this thread? He is probably as vehemently anti-gay as Ray, Peace, and Porter....

.... perhaps I should take the logical fallacious position that people who are rabidly anti-gay are also prone to have sexual relations with underaged girls.

LOL.... silly I know. But no less so than some of the other fallacies I've seen in this thread.

Scott,

Someday, when you’re standing before God, asking yourself why nobody on Earth tried to help you understand the truth, I hope you’ll remember that I did. I also hope that in the days between now and then you’ll reflect some more on the things you’ve heard from the other people who have told you the truth, and that you’ll someday ask God to confirm that we have spoken the truth.

I know, I know, more Faith stuff, but sharing what I know to be true, with love, is all I can do for you. :)

Originally posted by curvette+Mar 4 2004, 03:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Mar 4 2004, 03:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 4 2004, 03:45 PM

Is that your personal idea of righteousness?  That as long as people are consenting, and as long as they’re adults, they should be able to do whatever they want to do sexually?

You just don't get it. It doesn't matter what MY idea of personal righteousness is. I draw the line there because it's none of my damn business what they do if they both are happy with it!

No, it is you who doesn’t get it. As a latter-day saint, you made a covenant to do everything you can to help establish Zion on Earth, even if that means sacrificing your life to do so. If you don’t speak out in this world, by voting and sharing your beliefs with others, you will be held accountable for letting a lot of opportunities just slip by. If you don’t know the truth, that’s one thing, and for that I recommend that you ask God to confirm the truth to you. If you know the truth and then do or say nothing when you have the opportunity to share your beliefs, and you do have that opportunity in this forum, then you’re not doing any good and you’re actually doing harm. Stop making excuses for people and stand up for the truth!

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Ray@Mar 4 2004, 05:20 PM

Stop making excuses for people and stand up for the truth!

That's exactly what I'm doing. So repent and quit being so judgemental!