YM are fantastic :)

lizzy16

So, I was thinking about guys today.

And, how amazing the young men in my ward are ::) I got to thinking about the young men world wide. And, I realized I just love you all! So...I'm writing letters to the young men in my ward. Well, the priests. And, I thought i'd post some thoughts here as well

Because, the reason I love the young men in my ward, is pretty much the same...sorta.

The priesthood is amazing, and its such a blessing in my life. You YM, recieve a lot of pressure and have a load of responsibility. It's probably really hard sometimes to stay worthy to be able to complete your priesthood duties. I am so glad I have amazing YM in my life who are so open, spiritual and caring. So, Thank you for standing up for your beliefs and being worthy priestholders. I'm actually crying over all this. I'm so overwhelmed right now haha. So..thanks guys :)

I really am having a hard time putting all these thoughts to words, so if I sound like a complete idiot know its cause I appreciate and love ya all so much!

(Note: I hope there aren't any 'unworthy' ym who are really discouraged by all this. I don't mean it to be taken like that.I know it can be really hard to overcome challenges. And, as long as your trying I appreciate you :) )

On behalf of my sons, the oldest of whom is missionary age today, thanks for the positive feedback. I think young men generally don't get much of that.

I know I was thinking about that too, which is why I posted it on here :)

In general people aren't told enough about how great they are. We tend to criticize more then compliment.

My son is a YM, and I think he's pretty swell! I really enjoy his friends, too.

I think teens in general get a bad rap. When I would share with people that I was over the teen girls in my congregation, I'd get a fair share of rolled eyes or rueful wishes of good luck. I assured them that the kids are great. Adolescence through young adulthood is such a creative time of life, not to mention a fun one! AND the kids are often deeper thinkers than we oldies give them credit for.

In short, I concur!

• 4 months later...