Journey Back Into the Fold Update

slamjet

Having gone through the disciplinary process... The reinstatement council doesn't dig too much into details about your past. They may be curious on what happened originally if it has been 7 years... some of them probably have no idea what happened. BUT, they are going to want to discuss what you have done with your repentance process.

However, I must add that mine was on the Bishopric level, not the Stake Level. The Stake Pres authorized the Bishop to convene mine.

Edited by prophetofdoom

I'm in the Stake realm. Being an endowed priesthood holder automatically put me there. Besides that, I was recently released from the Elders Quorum Presidency so I'm sure that didn't bode well for me either. But as I've said before, if they want to go there, then I'll go there. Me going before the Counsel is the same as me standing before the Lord to answer for my sins and my repentance. So if it's necessary, it's necessary. It's just that I'd rather not.

I'm in the Stake realm. Being an endowed priesthood holder automatically put me there. Besides that, I was recently released from the Elders Quorum Presidency so I'm sure that didn't bode well for me either. But as I've said before, if they want to go there, then I'll go there. Me going before the Counsel is the same as me standing before the Lord to answer for my sins and my repentance. So if it's necessary, it's necessary. It's just that I'd rather not.

I am an endowed priesthood holder as well. The Stake President can authorize a Bishopric level court for a Melchizedek Priesthood holder if the transgression is not deemed severe enough to be excommunicated for.

The Stake President can authorize a Bishopric level court for a Melchizedek Priesthood holder if the transgression is not deemed severe enough to be excommunicated for.

Nope, didn't qualify for that exemption. Although I didn't know about that one, interesting.

slamjet, nothing is more joyful to read than you are coming back into the fold of Christ!! With what you have been through (guessing on that as I'm new here), you could be a great blessing in the lives of others that must face what you have.....and I pray God will use you in His ministry of love. God Bless You always. The wonderful thing about the Gospel is the way it equalizes all through Christ....a sinner is a sinner and we all are sinners. But repentance cleanses all through the power of His holy atonement.

Edited by shine7

• 3 weeks later...

They moved my hearing date. Now it's this Sunday at 6:00 am. I'm not sure I'll be able to feel the Spirit that early in the morning.

Something about there are five missionaries that need to check in with the High Counsel tonight. Dog-gone Missionaries, they ruin everything ;)