Hi, I'm Andy and I'm not a member

andypg

Hi, I'm Andy and I'm 18 years old. Like it says above I am not a member of the LDS Church. I am a Roman Catholic, but with a strong interest in all things Mormon. The beliefs of the LDS Church are interesting and I love it. Easily my favorite Christian denomination. I am currently trying to read the BOM.

Since I'm Catholic, feel free to ask me anything about my faith or anything the Catholic Church believes or teaches.

I joined on here so that I could learn more about your faith and get to see things through a Mormon perspective since I don't know any Mormons. Hopefully I will be welcomed and be able to make new friends.

Thanks, God bless.

Hi, I'm Andy and I'm 18 years old. Like it says above I am not a member of the LDS Church. I am a Roman Catholic, but with a strong interest in all things Mormon. The beliefs of the LDS Church are interesting and I love it. Easily my favorite Christian denomination. I am currently trying to read the BOM.

Since I'm Catholic, feel free to ask me anything about my faith or anything the Catholic Church believes or teaches.

I joined on here so that I could learn more about your faith and get to see things through a Mormon perspective since I don't know any Mormons. Hopefully I will be welcomed and be able to make new friends.

Thanks, God bless.

Hi Andy, that's awesome that you're trying to read the Book of Mormon. I was raised in the Catholic Church and was pretty active in the Church (catechist, lector, extraordinary Eucharistic Minister) for most of my life, until I converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints earlier this year (I too had a fascination with the CoJCoLDS while I was Catholic).

Welcome!

-Jason

Hi Andy, that's awesome that you're trying to read the Book of Mormon. I was raised in the Catholic Church and was pretty active in the Church (catechist, lector, extraordinary Eucharistic Minister) for most of my life, until I converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints earlier this year (I too had a fascination with the CoJCoLDS while I was Catholic).

Welcome!

-Jason

Thanks Jason. I'm finding it really hard to get into the BOM. It's a very slow read, added to the fact that I don't have much time to read it :(

I am currently trying to read the BOM.

Hello Andy,

I am like you I was raised Catholic, but am on a journey to learn more about the LDS Church and am reading the B.o.M. I would highly recommend getting the study guide as it has helped answer a few question I have had as well as spending time with Missionaries (Elders Dye and Snook have been a GREAT help).

Well I hope your journey goes well and your questions get answered as the search for Truth is an essential journey to "being on the right path". If I can help please let me know :-)

James

Welcome, Andy! I'm glad you found this place :)

Thanks Jason. I'm finding it really hard to get into the BOM. It's a very slow read, added to the fact that I don't have much time to read it :(

Did you know that the Book of Mormon also comes in an MP3 edition? Some days that's the only way I have time to read the Book of Mormon. :P

Also, if you're interested in smartphone apps, there's even a Gospel Library app for smartphones that includes the Book of Mormon as well as the Bible. ("Oh, the Book of Mormon? There's an app for that." :P )

Welcome, Andy! I'm glad you found this place :)

Did you know that the Book of Mormon also comes in an MP3 edition? Some days that's the only way I have time to read the Book of Mormon. :P

Also, if you're interested in smartphone apps, there's even a Gospel Library app for smartphones that includes the Book of Mormon as well as the Bible. ("Oh, the Book of Mormon? There's an app for that." :P )

I actually found a woman on YouTube who reads a chapter of the Book of Mormon a day. But life gets complicated. But sometimes when I'm reading it by my self, I can't help but agree with Mark Twain, "so "slow," so sleepy; such an insipid mess of inspiration. It is chloroform in print." No disrespect meant, it's just how it feels for an outsider getting into it. Hopefully I'll find it better when I really get into it. But I usually don't have a problem when reading along with the YouTube video.

Welcome Andy. I really enjoy meeting people of different faiths and cultures...so I'm glad you are here! Enjoy!

Thanks. I love meeting people of other faiths, but where I'm from it's a majority Catholic, so I barely get exposed to other faiths. And online there are so many anti-Catholic forums that I don't get to enjoy them. But so far I love this and love Mormonism. And Mormons! (even though I've never met one)

I completely understand. At first, it took me a long time to get through the beginning of the Book of Mormon. Remember to include prayer in your reading, and I second the advice that others have given as far as listening to audio when you're on the go. Also feel free to skip around in the Book of Mormon. You don't have to read it cover to cover at first.