Merkabah?

DPMartin

Are you referring to the Hebrew throne of God, or some new age mystical mediation experience (I found both in my one-minute google search)?

prisonchaplain

thanks for the reply

It would be the “Hebrew throne of God” (we are talking about the Lord our God here, not an imagined view of reality, but I can understand the questions you could get on this subject) but if I want to know what Wikipedia says about it I can google it. I am interested in the Mormon understanding thereof.

prisonchaplain

thanks for the reply

It would be the “Hebrew throne of God” (we are talking about the Lord our God here, not an imagined view of reality, but I can understand the questions you could get on this subject) but if I want to know what Wikipedia says about it I can google it. I am interested in the Mormon understanding thereof.

Thanks back at you for the clarification. We're talking about the Mormon take on ghost hunting in two other strings, so I guess I'm a bit jaded. :D

I doubt there is any sort of official view on the subject, though I suppose you might find individual Mormons have some ideas about it. Those of them aware of it at least. A brief scan of the Wikipedia article has me thinking, "Not a literal means of locomotion but ancient symbolism."

Wanted to ask; what is the Mormon view on the Merkabah?

I've never heard the term, so I don't really have any view on it, so I wiki'd it. Now I have some random thoughts:

* I don't believe in flying saucers.

* I appreciate the Talmudic interdictions concerning "the dangers of overzealous speculation".

* Every now and then I run into someone who appears smart and genuine, who is incredibly fascinated by the breadth and depth of links between LDS belief and Kabbalah. But I've never delved too deeply into it.

* I think it's cool that Israel has a line of proven battle tanks called "Merkava"

That's about it. Sorry.

I've never heard the term, so I don't really have any view on it, so I wiki'd it. Now I have some random thoughts:

* I don't believe in flying saucers.

* I appreciate the Talmudic interdictions concerning "the dangers of overzealous speculation".

* Every now and then I run into someone who appears smart and genuine, who is incredibly fascinated by the breadth and depth of links between LDS belief and Kabbalah. But I've never delved too deeply into it.

* I think it's cool that Israel has a line of proven battle tanks called "Merkava"

That's about it. Sorry.

Loudmouth_Mormon

thanks for the reply

like the avatar though.

I doubt there is any sort of official view on the subject, though I suppose you might find individual Mormons have some ideas about it. Those of them aware of it at least. A brief scan of the Wikipedia article has me thinking, "Not a literal means of locomotion but ancient symbolism."

Dravin

Thanks for the reply

The reason I ask is that if my memory serves, there is a famous Mormon amongst Mormons, early in the day of the Church of LDS that when others were with him they saw visions or something in that order, though I could be way off base on that.