A first date?

I think that sounds lovely.

Wish there was a beach where I live — I really miss the water and the sand! :bawl:

Yes, I still want to do that date, but still reconsidering. Maybe it should wait for a later date, when I have my breathing better under control, lol.

I do love the ocean though. Grew up in Southern California a couple miles from the beach. One of the hardest things for me when I lived in Utah was being so far from the ocean. But, at least I got to see lots of seagulls, lol.

Live in Oregon now and the coast is about 85 miles away, so that's not bad. Love the Oregon coastline.

Yes, I still want to do that date, but still reconsidering. Maybe it should wait for a later date, when I have my breathing better under control, lol.

I do love the ocean though. Grew up in Southern California a couple miles from the beach. One of the hardest things for me when I lived in Utah was being so far from the ocean. But, at least I got to see lots of seagulls, lol.

Live in Oregon now and the coast is about 85 miles away, so that's not bad. Love the Oregon coastline.

I agree, I lived in San Diego until 2 years ago when I married. I miss it tons!

Oh gosh! I love that! Lol. My brother did that one time walking down the street looking at a girl, walked right into a stop sign! Stopped him cold, lol.

^ This and Jayanna's story cracked me up!

My husband almost drove us off the freeway on a trip down to St. George while he was getting all sentimental on me.. The eye contact was a little longer than it should have been! Fortunately, he didn't over-correct after I freaked out You're driving off the road! and everything was alright but now I tease him about keeping his eyes on the road.. LOL

Eh, in southern california, it won't bee to cole. I went to the beach all year and walked, even late at night, all year. Look for the green flash. Makes it fun. Also the blue algee or whatever it's called that glows sometimes is around in the winter, that is neat to see. (Or is it called red algree, I forget, but it glows a cool blueish green color.

Eh, in southern california, it won't bee to cole. I went to the beach all year and walked, even late at night, all year. Look for the green flash. Makes it fun. Also the blue algee or whatever it's called that glows sometimes is around in the winter, that is neat to see. (Or is it called red algree, I forget, but it glows a cool blueish green color.

But I'm in Oregon. I've watched for the green flash, but I've never seen it. But, then, I don't know if it's as visible here. I'd love to see the glowing algae.

Tonight Newport, Oregon is supposed to be a low of 34 degrees. Cuddle weather, for sure, so I'm thinking, maybe not a good idea, lol.

I learned to surf on the beaches of San Diego! Okay, I was never any good and I only tried it a few times but it was a lot of fun! Last time I was on a beach in california, I was maybe ten or eleven years old. It's been a long while :[

• 2 weeks later...

Um, well, it didn't go. He wouldn't see me alone. I wasn't exactly pleased at first. Was embarrassed, for one. Still am, but for different reasons now, realizing I'm still very human and not as strong as I sometimes like to think. I was hurt though, at first, enough to cry for a few days, even, lol. But he had expressed concerns that we might, under our rather unusual circumstances, have difficulty restraining ourselves.

I had thought, "Okay, so I was having a little trouble breathing when I was near him, but what's really to restrain? We're adults. It's not like we're ruled by hormones at our ages. Surely we're mature enough to control our behavior." I really believed that, too, until after he went home. Then I realized he did the right thing and I love him all the more for it, because it wasn't about what he wanted but his desire to protect me.