Another Vent-Sorry

Jennarator

I don't have Temple Priveleges and it is uncertain when I will. Most of the time I handle it well because I know that Heavenly Father is guiding his prophet.

Sometimes I feel a bit off, and get emotional about it, saying to my self that if they are gonna treat me that way, it is half a membership, so I only have to pay half a Tithe. That along with other petulant, immature thoughts are draining. It is awfully hard to get through evening prayers with out yeilding to Heavenly Father and feeling quite contrite.

No one receives his or her endowment until at least a year after joining the Church.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear you are trying to stay positive. I really do understand how you feel, as I've been struggling with similar feelings in trying to be approved to go through to receive my endowment. It's especially frustrating when I've spoken with the bishop and he's shared one of his very rare honest moments and said that he knows without a doubt I am more than spiritually mature enough to make and handle those covenants, but the Stake President is still applying the brakes. I do finally have a meeting with him at his home soon, so hopefully that will yield fruitful results.

Don't give up, even when it seems like that is the easiest way out at the time being. That glorious day will be sweeter beyond any earthly imagination. If you ever feel the need to vent, I'm always available :)

• 6 months later...

I am sorry. :( Reminds me of something, though. Back when the first missionaries went into Preston, England my husbands great grandfather was waiting for them. He had had visions and dreams of a new church in American that would have the truth. When he heard his wife and a neighbor lady talking about some young men with a new religion that had come to town, he ran out to where they were talking. "Do they have a book?" he asked. Then he took off down the street to where they were supposed to be. They did have a book and let him read it which he did in two days. Then he went back to be baptized. I can see him in my mind. All excited that at last they were here and he would finally have found the true church after all the years of searching.

Then they told him they would not baptize him till the next year. Its always confused me because they baptized everyone else who wanted to be baptized. Why not him? Anyway he waited. Then it was next year and he was baptized. What a wonderful day that had to have been! And what a blessing it has been to his family that came after, down through the years. :) I dont know why he had to wait. I am sure it was not for sin. He did wait though. And I am so thankful he did.

Was your grandfather alexander Neibaur, by any chance?