How To Tell If You're A Racist

prisonchaplain

Yes, Rosie is an obnoxious, unlikable, loud and abrasive celebrity (and not the only one in that regard). Her childhood really provides no excuse for her public behavior; an adult is accountable for their own actions and words.

If you're a fan, swell; many are not.

I agree with you that "an adult is accountable for their own actions and words." Thank you. We may disagree it becomes of value on Christian internet boards.

I can appreciate many things about Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump without seeing myself as a fan.

Again, in my opinion.

Que Sera

And four lefts (or rights) make a square!

Squares do possess numbers of right angles.

Will you be okay if I say I'll not let you drive the next time I want to make a square with tire tracks? From my count it would be three, not four lefts or right. With you at the wheel, there's no telling where we'd end up.

If the last is to take me toward the mall, with your credit card, only then will I reconsider! :D

Que

I agree with you that "an adult is accountable for their own actions and words." Thank you. We may disagree it becomes of value on Christian internet boards.

I can't see any of her recent actions that have value here. ;)

I can appreciate many things about Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump without seeing myself as a fan.

Again, I see little to appreciate in either personality-wise.

Squares do possess numbers of right angles.

Will you be okay if I say I'll not let you drive the next time I want to make a square with tire tracks? From my count it would be three, not four lefts or right. With you at the wheel, there's no telling where we'd end up.

If you start in the middle of one block, you'll make four turns to make a square. B) If you start at a corner, it'll be a square, but wouldn't be as much fun. ^_^

The real trick is making an octagon... :wow:

I've listened to the public personality reasoning before. How public need another become for a named Christian to laugh at them, invoking less than kind personal assaults toward someone they've never met? Laughter may be good medicine, in fun, when it does not include name-calling at another person's expense. Que Sera

To say that Rosie is loud and offensive is not a less than kind personal assault, nor is it name-calling. It is an assessment about about her public persona.

To say that Rosie is loud and offensive is ... an assessment about about her public persona.

I agree. It is your assessment of Rosie, or at least her public persona.

It is you saying she is "loud" and "offensive".

And whether or not other people agree with you is not the point.

Now go ahead and tell us what you think it means to be "offensive", Tommy.

Are you praising Rosie for being loud and offensive?

I don't think so.

What has she ever done to offend someone, Tommy?

... and in what way did she actually offend them?

<div class='quotemain'>

To say that Rosie is loud and offensive is ... an assessment about about her public persona.

Ray, you're badly confusing the issue. First, it was Shantress who said Rosie is loud and offensive. Que Sera suggested that it was not nice to say such things in a Christian forum. I responded that Shantress evaluation was an acceptable assessment of Rosie's public persona.

BTW, Ray, lately you seem to be disagreeing just to disagree. NO?

<div class='quotemain'>

Are you praising Rosie for being loud and offensive?

I don't think so.

What has she ever done to offend someone, Tommy?

... and in what way did she actually offend them?

Well, I found her treatment of Tom Selleck quite rude and offensive --hey, he came on with the intention of talking about some of his current projects and she turned it into her little forum to attack him for supporting gun ownership rights.

And she certainly offended Asians with her "ching chong" comments recently:

She is rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. I am so thankful that I don't have a tv, and that I only catch bits and pieces via the internet - like being brought up here.

Que Sera - I find you rude and obnoxious too - you are sickeningly patronizing and judge-mental. Could you be Jason in drag?? :P

She is rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. I am so thankful that I don't have a tv, and that I only catch bits and pieces via the internet - like being brought up here.

Que Sera - I find you rude and obnoxious too - you are sickeningly patronizing and judge-mental. Could you be Jason in drag?? :P

You're my hero, Mrs. S!

Well, I found her treatment of Tom Selleck quite rude and offensive --hey, he came on with the intention of talking about some of his current projects and she turned it into her little forum to attack him for supporting gun ownership rights.

I agree completely. That seemed to be the start of removing the "nice" facade...

<div class='quotemain'> Well, I found her treatment of Tom Selleck quite rude and offensive --hey, he came on with the intention of talking about some of his current projects and she turned it into her little forum to attack him for supporting gun ownership rights.

I agree completely. That seemed to be the start of removing the "nice" facade...

I cant believe this topic has gone up to two pages about a woman people apparantly hate

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'> Well, I found her treatment of Tom Selleck quite rude and offensive --hey, he came on with the intention of talking about some of his current projects and she turned it into her little forum to attack him for supporting gun ownership rights.

I cant believe this topic has gone up to two pages about a woman people apparantly hate

WOO-HOO!

(Actually, I don't really hate anyone. Strong dislike is the term I'd use.)

Thank you for the hyphen. It's a cross I bear to sigh for the misspelling of "judgmental" among us as self-named christians (those who judge). Literacy counts.

Willing you be well,

Que

<div class='quotemain'>

I've listened to the public personality reasoning before. How public need another become for a named Christian to laugh at them, invoking less than kind personal assaults toward someone they've never met? Laughter may be good medicine, in fun, when it does not include name-calling at another person's expense. Que Sera

To say that Rosie is loud and offensive is not a less than kind personal assault, nor is it name-calling. It is an assessment about about her public persona.

Let us agree that we disagree. It was stated, unequivocally as fact (outside the IMO we debated) that "She's a loud mouth, offensive woman..."

That is where personal opinions become a salient point. In my opinion.

Que

I'd be interested to learn more of your history, your church of choice, beliefs. To my knowledge we've not yet interacted online. That you know nothing of me, nor me of you, let me be surprised by your coarse assessment. Please.

And where is Heather, in absentia.

Que

Fiannan, I also was surprised that a show's host would turn the topic into something personal for the guest.

Still, we're talking to something new, wherein a show known for it's beginning with Hot Topics became media topics, over-personalized and ugly toward name-calling. IMO.

Que