Moroni In Iraq?

CrimsonKairos

I often wonder how scriptural figures would act if injected into current events.

How do you all think Captain Moroni would act if he were an army general in charge of Iraqi operations? I have my own opinions, but what do you guys think, and would you agree with his tactics (based on his performance in the Book of Mormon)?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The banner is already made "old glory", and yielding an M16A2 is a little differ than swingin a sword. Depite all the new high speed weaponry im sure he would have frustration on the politics involved with accomplishing mission objectives. A big difference is that Generals today dont actually fight. :hmmm:

Speaking of Marines... I haven't seen Outshined posting here for a while. Perhaps it's just bc he prefers to spend what time he has before leaving with his family instead of a message board. :P But, has anyone heard from him? Do we know if he's left for Iraq yet?

He was supposed to post his address and some ideas for what he and his compadres would like to receive while he's there.

Speaking of Marines... I haven't seen Outshined posting here for a while. Perhaps it's just bc he prefers to spend what time he has before leaving with his family instead of a message board. :P But, has anyone heard from him? Do we know if he's left for Iraq yet?

He was supposed to post his address and some ideas for what he and his compadres would like to receive while he's there.

I'm still around for a few more weeks. I've just been so busy getting everything ready and spending time with the family, as you said. ;)

I'm hearing a deployment date of mid-February, ship date of early March, so I'm getting everything settled at home and getting my stuff together for the trip.

I often wonder how scriptural figures would act if injected into current events.

How do you all think Captain Moroni would act if he were an army general in charge of Iraqi operations? I have my own opinions, but what do you guys think, and would you agree with his tactics (based on his performance in the Book of Mormon)?

First of all, not to burst your bubble or nothing, but Moroni was one to defend, not attack. We all know Bush went in and attacked Iraq without a cause.

He is the devil incarnate. I would never put Moroni and the devil in the same place.

We all know Bush went in and attacked Iraq without a cause.

He went in with very good cause, and the people of Iraq are better off for it. I'm preparing for my third deployment; the reality of Iraq is not what you see on television.

He is the devil incarnate. I would never put Moroni and the devil in the same place.

He is no more "devil" than you are. He is a man trying to do a difficult job with a lot of people second-guessing him. Add to that a media campaign to discredit him, and it's that much harder.

The fact that you feel so much venom for him so makes my point clear; the media demonize him, and people swallow the media line. :hmmm:

1 And it came to pass that I did go forth among the Nephites, and did repent of the oath which I had made that I would no more assist them; and they gave me command again of their armies, for they looked upon me as though I could deliver them from their afflictions. 2 But behold, I was awithout hope, for I knew the judgments of the Lord which should come upon them; for they repented not of their iniquities, but did struggle for their lives without calling upon that Being who created them.

This is Mormon 5:1-2

but Moroni was one to defend, not attack.

All though this scripture does not refer to Moroni and it does to Mormon I hope that your comment of Moroni is not based on your point of view that the good never has to fight for the wicked (like moroni in Iraq) cause that is not the case.

That is the worst case senerio in regards towards Bush that he would be the wicked that a righteous man was fighting for.

Are you saying that Bush is the Anti-christ? :hmmm:

How on earth do you get off calling him the devil incarnate? Is he worse than Suddam? Is Suddam the devil also? So is the devil fighting the devil?

We all know Bush went in and attacked Iraq without a cause.

This is opening up a whole new can of worms (differ thread)

10 out of 10 terrorists agree anyone but Bush B)

<div class='quotemain'>We all know Bush went in and attacked Iraq without a cause.

He went in with very good cause, and the people of Iraq are better off for it. I'm preparing for my third deployment; the reality of Iraq is not what you see on television.

He is no more "devil" than you are. He is a man trying to do a difficult job with a lot of people second-guessing him. Add to that a media campaign to discredit him, and it's that much harder.

The fact that you feel so much venom for him so makes my point clear; the media demonize him, and people swallow the media line. :hmmm:

So is this a pro bush forum?

1. No good cause. Sorry.

2. civil war and war torn country for nothing isn't being better off.

3. the people are not fooled. They don't have to second guess, they know what is going on.

4. The media hasn't demonized him. Quite the opposite. There are constant efforts to make us see this war as a good thing. It just hasn't worked. We see through the murky veil from those who have been there and haven't fallen to brainwashing techniques.

5. He is the devil, you will know one day soon. And I am not a devil. So your turn of a phrase doesn't wash.

He is my real feelings about him:

Is Bush the AntiChrist? Yes!

IS Bush the Devil's Spawn?

Nate,

There are no ex Marines. Once a Marine always a Marine. Semper Fi. Captain Moroni would be welcome.

Don't sign up to be in the military if you don't want to fight in a war.

Ben Raines

I don't think that Captain Moroni would have been a Marine, because he didn't come from the sea and fight on land. A small point I,m sure and you can give me heck if I'm wrong. In my mind, he would have been like a Ranger.

Just trying to pretend I really have a point - allmosthumble

So is this a pro bush forum?

No, but it's not supposed to be anti-Bush either...

No good cause. Sorry.

I have to strongly disagree with you, and most Iraqis disagree with you as well. I suggest you read Saddam's Secrets, by General Georges Sada. Might open your eyes a little.

civil war and war torn country for nothing isn't being better off.

It isn't "civil war" :rolleyes: , and I don't consider freedom "nothing". People who say things like that have no idea what life was like in Iraq. Freedom of speech and religion are important for you to have, but it's okay if others don't have such rights, eh? :hmmm:

the people are not fooled. They don't have to second guess, they know what is going on.

No, most don't have a clue. The media simply tells them it's a disaster, and many blindly believe it. They tell you the Iraqis hate us, and you believe it. The reality of Iraq is very different from what the media is spoon-feeding you. The tragedy is that you've fallen right into line with them. Yes, you have been fooled.

The media hasn't demonized him. Quite the opposite. There are constant efforts to make us see this war as a good thing.

Not even close. Bad news sells, and you've been buying. They constantly remind us how many US soldiers have died, but how often do they tell you about the schools, hospitals, and clinics we've renovated and opened? How often do they tell you about the US personnel who focus on teaching Iraqi farmers about livestock and argriculture? Again, you've fallen for a media line. They've painted it as a horror show, and you believed it. Expand your sources of information a little.

It just hasn't worked. We see through the murky veil from those who have been there and haven't fallen to brainwashing techniques.

You see nothing but what you're told to, and for you to imply that I've been "brainwashed" is childish and petty. I suppose that makes it easier to ignore what I'm telling you; that makes it clear the lengths to which you must go to reconcile yourself with the truth... :rolleyes:

He is the devil, you will know one day soon. And I am not a devil. So your turn of a phrase doesn't wash.

You are exactly as much "devil" as he is. When you mature a little, you'll realize that. Just because you don't like someone or their politics does not make them "evil". That's fourth-grade stuff.

I'm sorry you have such a skewed view of Iraq and Bush, but you've obviously limited yourself to particular sources of information. The truth is that Iraq is much better off than they were before; they've had their first free elections in three decades, the rape squads and children's prisons are gone, Uday and Qusay can no longer take women and children off the streets to violate at will, the list goes on and on.

One day you will realize what has been done in Iraq; after you realize what is was like before, of course...

I hope you are not personally responsible for either. Talk about deluded, that's borderline insane... :wacko:

Well now that you've embarassed yourself Ajax, perhaps we could stick to the original subject. By that, I mean there's no need for you to comment any further. Your position is clear.

:lol::lol:

True. I might add that the thread is not about the president, but the leaders on the battlefield. Moroni would no doubt be a "lead from the front" general, and would not play by manufactured rules that make it easier for the other side to hide.

<div class='quotemain'>So is this a pro bush forum?

No, but it's not supposed to be anti-Bush either...

No good cause. Sorry.

I have to strongly disagree with you, and most Iraqis disagree with you as well. I suggest you read Saddam's Secrets, by General Georges Sada. Might open your eyes a little.

civil war and war torn country for nothing isn't being better off.

It isn't "civil war" :rolleyes: , and I don't consider freedom "nothing". People who say things like that have no idea what life was like in Iraq. Freedom of speech and religion are important for you to have, but it's okay if others don't have such rights, eh? :hmmm:

the people are not fooled. They don't have to second guess, they know what is going on.

No, most don't have a clue. The media simply tells them it's a disaster, and many blindly believe it. They tell you the Iraqis hate us, and you believe it. The reality of Iraq is very different from what the media is spoon-feeding you. The tragedy is that you've fallen right into line with them. Yes, you have been fooled.

The media hasn't demonized him. Quite the opposite. There are constant efforts to make us see this war as a good thing.

Not even close. Bad news sells, and you've been buying. They constantly remind us how many US soldiers have died, but how often do they tell you about the schools, hospitals, and clinics we've renovated and opened? How often do they tell you about the US personnel who focus on teaching Iraqi farmers about livestock and argriculture? Again, you've fallen for a media line. They've painted it as a horror show, and you believed it. Expand your sources of information a little.

It just hasn't worked. We see through the murky veil from those who have been there and haven't fallen to brainwashing techniques.

You see nothing but what you're told to, and for you to imply that I've been "brainwashed" is childish and petty. I suppose that makes it easier to ignore what I'm telling you; that makes it clear the lengths to which you must go to reconcile yourself with the truth... :rolleyes:

He is the devil, you will know one day soon. And I am not a devil. So your turn of a phrase doesn't wash.

You are exactly as much "devil" as he is. When you mature a little, you'll realize that. Just because you don't like someone or their politics does not make them "evil". That's fourth-grade stuff.

I'm sorry you have such a skewed view of Iraq and Bush, but you've obviously limited yourself to particular sources of information. The truth is that Iraq is much better off than they were before; they've had their first free elections in three decades, the rape squads and children's prisons are gone, Uday and Qusay can no longer take women and children off the streets to violate at will, the list goes on and on.

One day you will realize what has been done in Iraq; after you realize what is was like before, of course...

I hope you are not personally responsible for either. Talk about deluded, that's borderline insane... :wacko:

Truth hurts doesn't it? You know better than what you have whitewashed and out right denied. You and I and the rest of the world knows Bush has destroyed not only our country, but several others and you know which they are.

Truth hurts doesn't it? You know better than what you have whitewashed and out right denied.

Truth? That's what you're trying so hard not to hear; you don't know if it "hurts" beause you don't listen to it. You make up fantasies and call them "truth". :lol:

As CK said, you've really embarrassed yourself enough here. Your comments are beyond silly; they're delusional. :wacko:

Get help.

<div class='quotemain'>

Well now that you've embarassed yourself Ajax, perhaps we could stick to the original subject. By that, I mean there's no need for you to comment any further. Your position is clear.

:lol::lol:

True. I might add that the thread is not about the president, but the leaders on the battlefield. Moroni would no doubt be a "lead from the front" general, and would not play by manufactured rules that make it easier for the other side to hide.

He would have nothing to do with evil battles of the bush genre.

Truth hurts doesn't it? You know better than what you have whitewashed and out right denied.

Truth? That's what you're trying so hard not to hear; you don't know if it "hurts" beause you don't listen to it. You make up fantasies and call them "truth". :lol:

As CK said, you've really embarrassed yourself enough here. Your comments are beyond silly; they're delusional. :wacko:

Get help.

Help is on the way. The protests have started against this war and just like Nam, it will be put to an end and the country Bush tore apart will have to heal.

Ajax:

I see your compassion, and see that you want too solve the problems of the world.

So why don't you start at home with the civil war that is going on in our inter cities. I'm sure that you could make a difference, by just walking away from the problem. Oh, we as a country, have already done that.

Maybe we could buy the leaders of the gangs in our inter cities off. It has worked in L A, were they have given millions of dollars to gang members to play nice, and now they don't have gang problems, right.

I'm going to stop, now, because my sarcasm is letting my anger at your comments show through. To tell someone that has been too Iraq (Out shined, not me) that they are the one that can't face the truth, is just plain sad.

As always, I love to hear comments from those who do not agree with me. And I will be the first to admit, that I am not a humble person, but I am trying. So if you have a real thought on the subject, let me know. But if your going to repeat the same old stuff that comes from move on dot org, then maybe you should spend your time there. They would love to have you and your money, supporting there cause, and your cause.

Good luck on your search for world peace - allmosthumble

PS: Captain Moroni would be fighting to stop the spread of this cancer from the middle east.

Perhaps if you feel so strong on the topic of politics and YOUR opinion which do not forget we all have you can start your own thread and see who all wants to get into it with you. As for me you have kinda detoured and killed this one. Remeber this is an LDS talk as well so even though we may feel strong in opinion shall we remember the things we learned in primary, play nice. <_<

As a member of the church and this being LDS Talk maye cite the latest opinion of Pres Hinkley (you know the direct link to God for th church) and discuss something in regards to either that or how it applies to our faith as opposed to protesting like in Nam.

Ajax:

I see your compassion, and see that you want too solve the problems of the world.

So why don't you start at home with the civil war that is going on in our inter cities. I'm sure that you could make a difference, by just walking away from the problem. Oh, we as a country, have already done that.

Maybe we could buy the leaders of the gangs in our inter cities off. It has worked in L A, were they have given millions of dollars to gang members to play nice, and now they don't have gang problems, right.

I'm going to stop, now, because my sarcasm is letting my anger at your comments show through. To tell someone that has been too Iraq (Out shined, not me) that they are the one that can't face the truth, is just plain sad.

As always, I love to hear comments from those who do not agree with me. And I will be the first to admit, that I am not a humble person, but I am trying. So if you have a real thought on the subject, let me know. But if your going to repeat the same old stuff that comes from move on dot org, then maybe you should spend your time there. They would love to have you and your money, supporting there cause, and your cause.

Good luck on your search for world peace - allmosthumble

PS: Captain Moroni would be fighting to stop the spread of this cancer from the middle east.

There are plenty of soldiers who were at the protest last week. Being a soldier who is still in favor of watching his fellow soldiers be killed daily is not much of a recommendation to me, especially for a lost cause that should never had been.

We were pulled into this war on false pretenses, lies if you will. We didn't fight the terrorists, we went after Bush's Father's failed attempt to get Sadam.

We have created more terrorists and are being terrorized by our own governement daily everywhere in this country. We know that there isn't one real terrorist on the terrorist list. It is all americans. Who gets strip searched at the airports? I watch an 80 year old grandma with knitting needles get taken back to be strip searched while two Iranians walked through without even a hitch.

Our country is crazy because of Bush.

Moroni wouldn't have anything to do with this mess. His father wrote about this very situation and it will end the same way for us. Mormon 2-6.

America stinks. Gotcha. Move to another country. Send me a postcard. Enjoy. As for me, I'll stay in the Promised Land, with the best government in the world (though not perfect).

When you have some data to back up your wild assertions, maybe then you can make your case.

Outshined has been twice to Iraq (and is going back again soon). He has firsthand data and experience. You read about it. He lives it. Sorry, he trumps you in this department. God bless America and our troops and our cause! God have mercy on those who attack us, because we won't.

America stinks. Gotcha. Move to another country. Send me a postcard. Enjoy. As for me, I'll stay in the Promised Land, with the best government in the world (though not perfect).

When you have some data to back up your wild assertions, maybe then you can make your case.

Outshined has been twice to Iraq (and is going back again soon). He has firsthand data and experience. You read about it. He lives it. Sorry, he trumps you in this department. God bless America and our troops and our cause! God have mercy on those who attack us, because we won't.

So you are pleased to enjoy your america who stands on the blood of innocent men, women and children so you can drive your car and go to work and feel real proud to be an american. Gotcha!

I prefer to save the Land the Lord promised would be ours IF we were righteous. If you call it righteous to probagate carnage and death for no good cause, then I don't see how you are going to keep this land because you have to be delusional to believe that is righteousness and that God will stay his hand much longer.