Lorenzo Snow - Course Study for 2013

pam

Lorenzo Snow: Course of Study for 2013 - Church News and Events

As the fifth President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Lorenzo Snow was the last prophet not born and raised a member of the Church and the last to have, as an adult, personally known the Prophet Joseph Smith. Couple these facts with his experiences in Kirtland, Ohio; Far West, Missouri; Nauvoo, Illinois; the trek across the plains in 1848; and his role as prophet, seer, and revelator at the conclusion of the 19th century, and we are blessed with one who was uniquely prepared to lead the Church in his day.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this manual!! It not only mentions that he had multiple wives, but that he was sealed to them before his endowment. That's good history! (and a change from the policy in producing other lesson manuals, such as Brigham Young's or Joseph Smith's)

Also lesson #3 is awesome and I am a witness that these ourpourings of the spirit still occur today. Amen!

HiJolly

ftw = flips the wig?

= for the win?

Yes for the win.

Clears up the misconception from:

Richard Ostling in his TIME Magazine, PBS NewsHour with Jim Lehrer interview, asked President Hinckley whether “God the Father was once a man as we are.” Hinckley’s answer was: “I don’t know that we teach it . . . I haven’t heard it discussed for a long time in public discourse.”24 Again in an interview with Don Lattin appearing in the San Francisco Chronicle in April 1997, Lattin asked Hinckley: “[D]on’t Mormons believe that God was once a man?” Hinckley replied: “I wouldn’t say that. There was a little couplet coined, ‘As man is, God once was. As God is, man may become.’ Now that’s more of a couplet than anything else. That gets into some pretty deep theology that we don’t know very much about.”25

Richard and Joan Ostling noted how shortly after his public remarks, before an “in-house, all-Mormon audience . . . at General Conference, Hinckley talked about media depictions of the church and, in an apparently pointed reference to those interviews, assured his listeners, ‘None of you need worry because you read something that was incompletely reported. You need not worry that I do not understand some matters of doctrine.’ He added, ‘I think I understand them thoroughly.’ ”26

I copied the above from http://www.etsjets.org/files/JETS-PDFs/49/49-3/JETS_49-3_549-568_Huggins.pdf