2 yo birthday party

Guest ldsashley

Guest ldsashley

Do you invite the other kids in nursery to your 2 year old's birthday party? When he gets older, I'd like to invite his primary classmates to his birthday parties, but right now I'm wondering... if you invite a 2 year old, you pretty much have to invite their whole family because they can't come alone, and if you do that, it will be a huge party!

(There are 11 kids in nursery in our ward, and 6 of them were born the same year as my LO)

I've never hosted a Bday party where the entire family is not invited. With the Mormons, it gets to be quite a big party as a lot of them have 4-5 kids. My kid turned 11 last year and there were 45 kids not counting adults in his party... With the adults, we had over 60 people in attendance.

You can invite just the 2-yr old but that would be bad because you would not want to be responsible for babysitting all those 2 yr olds on your own. Usually, when you invite a toddler, a parent is invited too and you'll have something prepared for the adults. You don't have to invite the siblings.

Edited by anatess

I never gave my kids birthday parties at 2 years old. We only had family parties. It wasn't until they were about 4 that we started having actual birthday parties with friends.

We threw a birthday party when our daughter turned 1. Guests consisted everyone that attended my baby shower, so coworkers, friends and family. We reserved a private dining room at a restaurant, everyone was catered to, and adults managed their own kids. I'm with Pam, though, I won't be doing "kids only" parties until my child (and their friends) are potty-trained and can mind themselves somewhat without CONSTANT supervision.

Come to think of it, we really didn't do family parties either. I lived too far from the rest of my family. (Hawaii and San Diego) My two youngest were about 4 when we finally lived near family.