And the Truth shall KEEP you free!

Truther

Hi all,

I am not a Mormon, but my wife and daughter are....My wife was born a Mormon and her family is multi-generationally full of members.

Our daughter is also strong in the church. She has gone with my wife to church since she was born, and is one of the few women in the church to go to the temple without going on a mission or getting married.. She is 23 years old.

Some times I have questions to ask ,that stress them out so, I am hoping to find a friendly place to ask these questions.

I am a seeker of truth and have been looking inside the church for that truth. I have yet to find it, and as time goes by the search is more and more difficult.

To me it is more important to find the truth than to insist I am right without opening my mind to other possibilities. In other words. I believe that someone who insists they know something as an absolute has automatically closed their mind to any other options.

I would love to discover some shred of truth in your Church, that I can base some level of belief on, as this would really bring even more happiness to my wife and daughter.

I feel that I should be clear , that I am not looking for someone to try and convert me as mush as those willing to answer my questions so that I can continue to try and wrap my mind around all this.

What do you mean when you say that your questions stress them out? I'm having a hard time envisioning this. If my husband or father weren't members, and started asking me genuine questions about the Church, in earnest, I think I'd be excited to share and to engage in the conversation. I'm also confused because it sounds like you've never really talked with them about the Church, which is surprising for a 25-year marriage. I'm not being doubtful or skeptical, I'm just honestly at a loss.