High School Conversion

missionridge

Hi, I'm going to finish up my first year of High School in a few months and I wanted to convert to LDS:). I've been researching many religions for many months now and I feel very strongly the LDS faith is the most true. My parents don't seem to care too much one way or the other so I wanted to ask you guys:

1. Has anyone else ever converted this young?

2. Would missionaries react kindly to someone converting at my age? I mainly hear of conversions happening much later.

Thanks in advance

Hi, I'm going to finish up my first year of High School in a few months and I wanted to convert to LDS:). I've been researching many religions for many months now and I feel very strongly the LDS faith is the most true. My parents don't seem to care too much one way or the other so I wanted to ask you guys:

2. Would missionaries react kindly to someone converting at my age? I mainly hear of conversions happening much later.

Thanks in advance

1. Yes

2. Yes, as long as you have your parent's support & permission.

Have you been reading The Book of Mormon?

Thanks in advance

1. Yes, and as mentioned previously, if you are younger than 18 then you need your parents' permission (signature). And since your parents don't have a problem with you joining, there's no obstacle to worry about. I'm always baffled by posters you are under 18 and have joined and they mention that their parents were not happy about it. If that is the case, how did they manage to join?

2. Missionaries are extremely happy when anyone joins, especially those they have met with and taught.

M.

I was baptized when I was 16. Although I had some contact with the missionaries, most of my preparation was through ward leaders and one of my high school teachers.

My parents allowed my baptism, but weren't terribly supportive. I was determined to learn what I needed to know to be completely active in the Church so I kept learning (and making mistakes). I was able to attend BYU which helped me a great deal.

I think that if you are considering joining the Church, the most important thing is that you have a solid testimony of the Gospel, especially of Jesus Christ. After that, things will come along in their own time.

Oh, and, just for the record, this all happened nearly forty years ago. I can remember it so clearly as my baptism was one of the most important turning points of my whole life.

Thanks in advance

I was the only member of my family to join the church when I was a Junior in HS. The missionaries have compassion for all they come in contact with...if you have a desire to join the church they would take "kindly" to you.