Life's Lessons

Life's lessons come to me most often when?

When Tragedy strikes

In the middle of the night to predawn

While hearing or bearing of testimonies.

Through Prayers and Fasting.

While alone in the shower

When I least expect it.

What are your idea's?

Life is what happens to you when you are busy making plans...

I love your signature, because thats sure the way I feel about it.

I think we learn in all those situations but in times of tragedy and crisis we learn the most, at least I do. You might call it a crash course in life. In those situations I learn:

• about past mistakes
  • what our resources are: spiritual and temporal
  • how to pray
  • how to love
  • how to grieve
  • our dependence on God.
  • how family members react and what they need
  • when to be tough or soft
  • to have confidence in myself
I receive personal revelation (answers to prayers) when I least expect it. The most dramatic revelation I've had was when I came home for lunch and blessed the food. Right there over a ham sandwich I was given the most amazing experience of my life!

Life is what happens to you when you are busy making plans...

I love your signature, because thats sure the way I feel about it.

I think we learn in all those situations but in times of tragedy and crisis we learn the most, at least I do. You might call it a crash course in life. In those situations I learn:

• about past mistakes
  • what our resources are: spiritual and temporal
  • how to pray
  • how to love
  • how to grieve
  • our dependence on God.
  • how family members react and what they need
  • when to be tough or soft
  • to have confidence in myself
I receive personal revelation (answers to prayers) when I least expect it. The most dramatic revelation I've had was when I came home for lunch and blessed the food. Right there over a ham sandwich I was given the most amazing experience of my life!

Very well said. :D

I thought someone might comment on the alone in the shower I added to the list above. :lol:

The shower is a spot where I let go...sometimes cry, and where I receive many answers. :)

Sorry you cry in the shower.

I usually notice my growth in the shower and that makes me want to cry. :cry:

It is kind of symbolic for me to cry in the shower...my tears wash down my face with the water to the drain and then are gone.

It's also less of a mess with makeup etc. ;)

If events that bring us closer to G-d are blessings - then we must consider that anything that brings us to our knees in seeking G-d are the greatest blessings. I think most people have blessings and curses mixed up.

The Traveler

If events that bring us closer to G-d are blessings - then we must consider that anything that brings us to our knees in seeking G-d are the greatest blessings. I think most people have blessings and curses mixed up.

The Traveler

So true, Traveler! Thats real spiritual maturity when we can truly be thankful for sorrow and pain. I can be thankful in hindsight, I'm improving on current trials, not good about the future trials, and a total failure at being thankful for the pain my children have to face. Line upon line.....