Not a mormon but am a Christian

Dazdavidson

I'm impressed! Most people don't get that far through 2 Nephi. (Nephi quotes a lot of Isaiah, so it's a little hard to read - even for me.)

My favorite chapters to read:

- Jacob 2 & 5 (5 is the allegory of the Olive Tree and comparing it to the House of Israel)

- First few chapters of Mosiah - King Benjamin's address is great

- Alma 32 - The faith experiment

- 3 Nephi 11-the end (Christ visits the American continent)

- Moroni 10 - Moroni is closing the book and encourages you to pray to ask God if this record is true.

Edited by skippy740

Yep, cover to cover, my opinion is the best way to go when a person first reads the Book of Mormon.

Skippy's chapters are great. One of my favorite books in the Book of Mormon is Jacob. 2 Nephi 33: 6 is my favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon. This verse sums up the whole Book of Mormon and compliments John 3: 16.

Read it cover to cover--let the subheadings guide you. Hang out here and ask questions. At some point, if you believe God is leading you towards the church, you will want to contact missionaries. Also, you can chat with them online, at lds.org.

You don't have to convert to be active here. I'm not a member, and have been around since 2006. There are a handful of non-member posters here, who are pretty active.

You are in the Isaiah Chapters. I would take them slow... mostly don't try to figure out what everything is all at once. The footnotes at the bottom can help some (and even have references to scriptures in the Bible).

But once you get out of Isiah, it gets even better, because Nephi then tells his version of what Isiah had (with some added stuff). Great stuff!