Does this violate the law of chastity?

WilliamLaw

The way I wrote that originally didn't give enough detail, so here's exactly what happened. I was looking up a music video for a song and I saw that it had two versions, a regular version and an "unrated version". I didn't know exactly what "unrated" meant, and wasn't sure if it dealt with the lyrics or what. I don't normally like to listen to edited versions of songs (some people may think that's bad, sorry), so I (stupidly) clicked on the "unrated" version to get it to start loading. While it was loading I looked up the song on wikipedia to see what all this was about, and wikipedia said that the "unrated" version had topless women. So I quickly went back to exit out of the window that had the music video and I was too late, it had already loaded and started playing before I had a chance to exit out, so I saw a few seconds of it. I don't think this was a chastity violation because it did not arouse sexual feelings or anything, but I really don't want to fall under the category of "rationalizing my sins". What do you think?

Thanks. That's what I thought, too. I have a pretty guilty conscience, and so sometimes I try to ease my guilt through rationalization, which leads to more guilt and then more rationalization until I don't even know whether I had a legitimate reason to feel guilty or not haha. So I just wanted to get someone else's opinion who could be more objective than I am. Thanks for your input.

It is when one submits to temptation that brings condemnation. Remember, even our Savior was tempted often. But He never heeded those temptations.

D&C 20:21 Wherefore, the Almighty God gave his Only Begotten Son, as it is written in those scriptures which have been given of him.

22 He suffered temptations but gave no heed unto them.

Don't allow yourself to feel guilty for being tempted. It is when you give in to temptation where fault lies. Jesus Christ commanded us to pray always that we never enter into temptation.

Doctrine and Covenants 93:49

49 What I say unto one I say unto all; pray always lest that wicked one have power in you, and remove you out of your place.

Doctrine and Covenants 31:12

12 Pray always, lest you enter into temptation and lose your reward.

Doctrine and Covenants 20:33

33 Therefore let the church take heed and pray always, lest they fall into temptation;

3 Nephi 18:15

15 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye must watch and pray always, lest ye be tempted by the devil, and ye be led away captive by him.

3 Nephi 18:18

18 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, ye must watch and pray always lest ye enter into temptation; for Satan desireth to have you, that he may sift you as wheat.

• 4 months later...