God told husband to leave marriage

Greetings All,

I can't remember which forum I've posted my previous questions on ... so I'm posting here, too.

I've appreciated all your perspective on the crazy situation I found myself in (Long story short: Husband claims God told him not to marry me. He still did (temple marriage).He felt damned by doing this and so was our marriage. Enter other woman. Emotional infidelity. She tells him if he's not happy to just divorce me (she being 3x divorced) Suddenly, it's "God telling him to divorce me" ... All this under the pretense of God and spiritual revelation.)

Of course, my ex still believes that God told him to divorce me. (No one else around him does ... oh, except the other woman, of course!) He claims he felt a darkness that he could not shake throughout our marriage. When he left me, he could feel it lift and every time he would see me or start to feel romantic notions for me ... The darkness would return even more crushing and dark.

Now I'm his ex. ... He tells me the darkness has COMPLETELY disappeared. Hearing this is like a dagger to my heart.

So ... What are your thoughts and perspective on the darkness suddenly lifting theory? What could be the real story behind this removal? I have my theories ... Now your's!

Answers ... Thoughts? Everyone!

Thanks so much!

P.S. I am slowly moving on. I have good days and not so good. All in all, I find myself healing. I am blessed with the knowledge of God's enduring and securing love. This will ultimately carry me through to my new life. I have held fast to my temple covenants ... which gives me peace. :)