Well, I recently talked to a missionary, and her and I are now conversing through email. She is, however, based in Utah, and I am based in Ontario, Canada. We have emailed for the past week or so, and I've learned a lot. She taught me how to pray! :) She is going to be phoning some local missionaries for me, so that they can get into contact with, via email. She is doing that because my parents are against me becoming a Mormon. I can honestly say that I believe that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. After earnest pray, I got those answers. My goal is to be baptized by November or December (I want to take it slow), and I can do it while at school. I have a spare (which is where you have no classes) from 11:10am to 2:30pm which gives me plenty of time to talk to the missionaries at the local meetinghouse.

I honestly can't wait to join this church. This church is amazing, and is everything a church should be. And I think I'll finally feel like I'm home. :)

hi jody, the gospel/church is amazing i agree with you. are u still in H.S.? Just curious...You sound like u have a strong testimony already!! that is so cool. I hope that you will let it grow with in you... The gospel really is the biggest blessing that we have here on earth. I wish you much joy and happiness and I know your walk thru this life will be much easier( still hard) but easier with the gospel, easier walking with the Lord. We can do all things if we walk and put faith and trust in the Lord....it just might not happen when we want it. But the LOrd will make it happen in His time.

hi jody, the gospel/church is amazing i agree with you. are u still in H.S.? Just curious...You sound like u have a strong testimony already!! that is so cool. I hope that you will let it grow with in you... The gospel really is the biggest blessing that we have here on earth. I wish you much joy and happiness and I know your walk thru this life will be much easier( still hard) but easier with the gospel, easier walking with the Lord. We can do all things if we walk and put faith and trust in the Lord....it just might not happen when we want it. But the LOrd will make it happen in His time.

Yeah, I'm taking what we call in Canada a "victory lap" or grade 13. I plan on going to the local meetinghouse to conduct lessons with the missionaries, and hopefully get baptized by November or December. And I don't know what came over me.. I just started believing. I can't explain the feeling I got, it was something you can't describe, it's something special. Whenever I read/watch the GAs speak or regular Mormons speak, I just feel all happy and get that same feeling you can't explain. I truly believe the Holy Ghost is moving me towards this church.

I am also getting the Quad (Standard Works), so that I can surprise the missionaries. I think they'll be happy to know that I already have the scripture, they just need to provide me with the materials to learn. :)

I know that you have been working on this for a while Jody. Best of luck and keep it up.

I sure have. :) It's been hard at times, such as dealing with my parents objections. I have at times lost faith or interest in the church, and I have also been dismayed. However, I've worked through all of those, and I've prevailed. I have to say, though, that President Thomas S. Monson has been a huge inspiration for me. I always enjoy listening to him at General Conference (I watched quite a bit of General Conference speeches the past couple of days).

And what's pretty cool is that I'm 19, and that means I can go on a mission! I've had dreams of going to a mission in Germany (Germany's my favourite European country and it is beautiful there) or Austria and spreading the gospel there. Actually, I want to spread the gospel to the whole world. But unfortunately that's not possible. :(

I had the missionaries come last summer (didn't work out with my parents). I live about about an hour and half North-East of Toronto.

I used to live up there too, Toronto was so hectic but if I ever needed to buy/eat anything it was easy to find something:lol:

I used to live up there too, Toronto was so hectic but if I ever needed to buy/eat anything it was easy to find something:lol:

My cousins live in Brampton (which, as you know, is apart of the GTA). I would prefer to live in Toronto, but I still live with my parents. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Jody, before you get too pumped up about going to Germany (:lol:) know that the General Authorities send you where you are needed.... I wanted to go the Russia (I love cold weather) and I was called to the Philippines (I hate hot humid weather!)

Haha :) I know, wherever Christ needs me, I'll be there.

I live in Canada, so I get the best of both worlds (cold and humid weather). :P

Here in Southeast Missouri... we get humid cold, and summers with mid-90's and 50% humidity... Much prefer the drier climate of say, Idaho or Utah or Canada myself!

I've thought of moving to Utah. It's such a beautiful state, and it feels and looks like (mountains, snow, etc) a mini-Canada.

I've thought of moving to Utah. It's such a beautiful state, and it feels and looks like (mountains, snow, etc) a mini-Canada.

My Dad was born in extreme southern Idaho, and I have family all through the Salt Lake valley... its like my second home! I'd love to move out there as well, but variables won't likely allow it for at least a few more years. :(

Quebec is like the kid that wants to leave home but they still want mom and dad to pay for everything. :)

M.

You're right on the money. And, I think Toronto thinks it's the epicentre of the universe.

I like Ontario, lots of Mormons live here, roughly 51,000 (and growing!). xD I went on the meetinghouse locator on LDS.org, and there's three close meetinghouses. One is a ward, the others are branches (I am going to the ward, since it's closer).