Patriarchal blessing?

Latter Days Guy

When I first joined the church way back in 1987 I remember getting a letter a few weeks after my baptism that had things in about me like what tribe I am from. Was this my patriarchal blessing or am I getting my wires crossed?

Normally your lineage is disclosed in a patriarchal blessing. Do you remember meeting with a patriarch and having him give you a blessing?

Normally your lineage is disclosed in a patriarchal blessing. Do you remember meeting with a patriarch and having him give you a blessing?

That's my problem, I remember having a few meetings but cannot remember what they were about or what happened. I just have this vague memory of getting this letter which contained details about what tribe I was from and some other details I cannot remember. My memory is a bit hazy about details from 26 years ago :cry:

I can't remember for sure but I think there is something on your church record if you have gotten your Patriarchal Blessing. Meaning you would have to have a ward clerk check the record file. I can't remember for sure but I think the Ordinance Summary has this info.

If you did have a patriarchal blessing then you could request one from the church.

Patriarchal Blessing Requests

(You can do it online with an lds.org arccount, but you need to get your membership number from the same ward clerk)

Edited by tubaloth

I can't remember for sure but I think there is something on your church record if you have gotten your Patriarchal Blessing. Meaning you would have to have a ward clerk check the record file. I can't remember for sure but I think the Ordinance Summary has this info.

If you did have a patriarchal blessing then you could request one from the church.

Patriarchal Blessing Requests

(You can do it online with an lds.org arccount, but you need to get your membership number from the same ward clerk)

I've submitted a request already, it was after submitting that I began to think that maybe I may not of had one done.

No. Lineage is offered through the patriarchal blessing only. While we give blessings during various different ordinances and occasions, the patriarchal blessing is the only document that is formally recorded and published by the church with a written copy sent to the person.

Sounds like you probably received one.