Are Anti-mormons Christian?

Snow

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by serapha+Mar 24 2004, 08:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (serapha @ Mar 24 2004, 08:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Kevin@Mar 24 2004, 09:44 PM

Snow is Jeff Lindsay.

Snow is Jeff Lindsay.

Are you serious?

Oh, I'm never leaving this forum.... until I'm banned.

~serapha~

Okay...your are banned! LOL

<span style=\'color:red\'>Just kidding... :P

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 24 2004, 08:38 PM

Now, snow,

Unless you are Jeff Lindsay, you just committed a copyright violation according to the rules of this forum. 

Hi Serapha,

Are you ignoring me again? Could you please be more consistent in your ignoring of me and answer the appropriately asked questions otherwise people will start to accept the charge that you are only pretending to ignore me because you can't address my points.

Point 1:

You are mistaken. If that is not enough of a response, ask me to clarify.

Point 2:

I am not Jeff Lindsay although we were in elementary school together. Many people think that I am Wade Englund or that he is me.

Point 3:

I am going sking tomorrow.

Note: Point number 3 is not relevant to our religiously themed discussions but it is true and gives me the appearance of being rough and tumble, charismatic type of guy who likes challenge and adventure. I think that it important for me to give such an impression. Ted Bundy skied you know. I went to college with Ted.

Now, snow,

Unless you are Jeff Lindsay, you just committed a copyright violation according to the rules of this forum.

Serapha,

You wouldnt be addressing Snow instead of the issue would you? cause we both tho that would be wrong.

Well if it is truly your intention to cause enough rukus to be banned, please lets save everyone the trouble and skip right to that. As your intentions still have not been made clear.

Im not kidding.

Spencer

Serapha, where have you been?  I think this thread was directed at you, among others.  I'll be interested to see your responses.

Hello ammon,

I replied to the posting. I said just about the same thing that you did. I don't have to write a book if I can summarize a response in two sentences.

~serapha~

Originally posted by Spencer@Mar 24 2004, 10:17 PM

Now, snow,

Serapha,

You wouldnt be addressing Snow instead of the issue would you? cause we both tho that would be wrong.

Well if it is truly your intention to cause enough rukus to be banned, please lets save everyone the trouble and skip right to that. As your intentions still have not been made clear.

Im not kidding.

Spencer

Now, snow,

Serapha,

Im not kidding.

Spencer

Spencer,

And which site rule have I violated? Is there a rule that says I can't ignore "nasties"?????

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 24 2004, 09:34 PM

Spencer,

And which site rule have I violated? Is there a rule that says I can't ignore "nasties"?????

~serapha~

I, (not speaking for Spencer), think that would be the general principle that we LDS posters don't wanted to be given the Pharisee treatment in our own playground. In as much as this place used to be innundated with people that sought to do us and our Church and the gospel as we understand it harm, certain moderators are sensitive to that kind of thing. Granted we keep around a few token antagonists for giggles, but that sort of thing can get our of hand.

Personally, I think you are kind of fun, disadvantaged and in error, but fun.

Snow...

You can check my record..... I don't acknowledge any postings that are "nasties"... no matter what the subject content (for example, if the subject is "me")

I told you that God has given me the grace to "rise above" that conduct.

If you want my conversation, then act like you want an intelligent conversation.

That's all I expect... e.g. (that means, example given....) see the book forum for 81 evidences. "That" is close to an intelligent conversation.

I don't waste my talents, time, or energy on "nasties". God's given me better things to do with my talents, time, and energy.

How about you? What's God given you?

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 24 2004, 11:10 PM

I don't waste my talents, time, or energy on "nasties".    God's given me better things to do with my talents, time, and energy.

and, knowing that there is a better use for my talents and time.... I think I will go study my Greek.

~later~

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 24 2004, 10:10 PM

Snow...

You can check my record..... I don't acknowledge any postings that are "nasties"... no matter what the subject content (for example, if the subject is "me")

I understand your position and you certainly have every right to respond or not for any reason or no reason.

Personally I think it is giant cop out and passive aggressive.

Your entire posting existence vis a vis the LDS gospel is that our faith is not acceptable to Christ and that we are going to Hell but that Christ agrees with your theology and therefore you are favored of God and are going to heaven. You feel the need to proclaim your view of the LDS position publically, hoping to influence others to adopt your view that Mormon go to hell because Christ, who favors you, does not appreciate and accept them. It's an ugly position especially when you mistate the LDS position and charge Mormons with things that are either untrue, or common to your own church - the larger Chrisitian body.

What you do, far from the high road of addressing issues, is designed in the most personal way possible - Christ damns you because you don't interpret the way I tell you to interpret. That's not an issue, that's personal. So when you act offended when I cut through the niceities and treat you equally badly - say bull, you can't have it both ways.

My position towards you is this: Doctrinally I think you are goofy; whether Christ recognizes the validity of your relationship with him... can't say, wouldn't say, shouldn't say. It's morally wrong.

Guest Starsky

The one thing that tells me that the Christian faith is off track...is that they do anti mormon seminars....they even dedicate a whole month to it every 6 months...

You would think they were afraid their people might think for themselves about the book of Mormon.....and Joseph Smith...and begin to pray for truth...

The one thing that tells me that the Christian faith is off track...is that they do anti mormon seminars....they even dedicate a whole month to it every 6 months...

You would think they were afraid their people might think for themselves about the book of Mormon.....and Joseph Smith...and begin to pray for truth...

And, please, where might I find information on this? And another questions, is the denomination of the CoJCoLDS's not a Christian faith?

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 24 2004, 10:10 PM

Snow...

You can check my record..... I don't acknowledge any postings that are "nasties"... no matter what the subject content (for example,  if the subject is "me")

I understand your position and you certainly have every right to respond or not for any reason or no reason.

Personally I think it is giant cop out and passive aggressive.

Your entire posting existence vis a vis the LDS gospel is that our faith is not acceptable to Christ and that we are going to Hell but that Christ agrees with your theology and therefore you are favored of God and are going to heaven. You feel the need to proclaim your view of the LDS position publically, hoping to influence others to adopt your view that Mormon go to hell because Christ, who favors you, does not appreciate and accept them. It's an ugly position especially when you mistate the LDS position and charge Mormons with things that are either untrue, or common to your own church - the larger Chrisitian body.

What you do, far from the high road of addressing issues, is designed in the most personal way possible - Christ damns you because you don't interpret the way I tell you to interpret. That's not an issue, that's personal. So when you act offended when I cut through the niceities and treat you equally badly - say bull, you can't have it both ways.

My position towards you is this: Doctrinally I think you are goofy; whether Christ recognizes the validity of your relationship with him... can't say, wouldn't say, shouldn't say. It's morally wrong.

snow,

You have made a number of personal accusation in your posting... would you mind providing the responses where I made those statement?

start with these...

1. Your entire posting existence vis a vis the LDS gospel is that our faith is not acceptable to Christ and that we are going to Hell

2. that Christ agrees with your theology and therefore you are favored of God and are going to heaven.

3. You feel the need to proclaim your view of the LDS position publically, hoping to influence others to adopt your view that Mormon go to hell

4. Christ, who favors you, does not appreciate and accept them.

5. you mistate the LDS position and charge Mormons with things that are either untrue, or common to your own church - the larger Chrisitian body.

6. What you do is designed in the most personal way possible - Christ damns you because you don't interpret the way I tell you to interpret.

7. Doctrinally I think you are goofy.

8. Doctrinally, what do I think?

now... what was the term you used when addressing me... oh yes...

"pony up"

~serapha~

I have a few questions for you Serapha

1. Do you think our faith is unacceptable to Christ and/or we are going to Hell for following it?

2. Do you think Christ agrees with your theology and that you are favored and because of that you are going to Heaven?

3. Do you try to get others to believe that Mormons are going to Hell? Is this the view you will give when you "teach" about our religion (which you have no basis to do so) to your students?

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 25 2004, 01:35 AM

And, please, where might I find information on this? And another questions, is the denomination of the CoJCoLDS's not a Christian faith?

~serapha~

Not according to your board we aren't Christian... :rolleyes:

Just listen to any Christian station around conference time....they really get nasty.

Chris·tian P Pronunciation Key (krschn)

adj.

1.Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.

2.Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.

3.Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.

4.Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.

5.Showing a loving concern for others; humane.

Id say we fit in quite well.

Spencer

It's definitely not an agenda thing like "...March, help the homeless, April, rally against the Mormons.." but they do come out in droves at Conference time (which is twice a year). Not to mention every summer up in Palmyra they're all over the place. And as I've said before, my hometown held 1 anti rally a year.

1.  Do you think our faith is unacceptable to Christ and/or we are going to Hell for following it?

Anyone who has not heard a clear presentation of the Gospel of Christ will not be lost.   Ayone who has heard a clear presentation of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and rejected it will be lost.  Denomination has nothing to do with it.  Salvation is individual. 

2.  Do you think Christ agrees with your theology and that you are favored and because of that you are going to Heaven?

Grace is unmerited favor.   I do believe God has given me grace... yes.   And it is not whether Christ agrees with my theology, but that I agree with Christ's teachings. 

3.  Do you try to get others to believe that Mormons are going to Hell?  Is this the view you will give when you "teach" about our religion (which you have no basis to do so) to your students?

You will have to look long and hard to find that I make such statements as you indicate.   I teach the same gospel no matter where I am... salvation requires a personal relationship with Christ and is individual.

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 25 2004, 06:53 PM

1.  Do you think our faith is unacceptable to Christ and/or we are going to Hell for following it?

Anyone who has not heard a clear presentation of the Gospel of Christ will not be lost.   Ayone who has heard a clear presentation of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and rejected it will be lost.  Denomination has nothing to do with it.  Salvation is individual. 

2.  Do you think Christ agrees with your theology and that you are favored and because of that you are going to Heaven?

Grace is unmerited favor.   I do believe God has given me grace... yes.   And it is not whether Christ agrees with my theology, but that I agree with Christ's teachings. 

3.  Do you try to get others to believe that Mormons are going to Hell?  Is this the view you will give when you "teach" about our religion (which you have no basis to do so) to your students?

You will have to look long and hard to find that I make such statements as you indicate.   I teach the same gospel no matter where I am... salvation requires a personal relationship with Christ and is individual.

~serapha~
1. Do you feel that TCoJCoLDS gives a "clear presentation of the Gospel of Christ?"

2. I like that answer.

3. I didn't indicate you made this statement...hence why I asked.

Originally posted by AFDaw@Mar 25 2004, 08:01 PM

1. Do you feel that TCoJCoLDS gives a "clear presentation of the Gospel of Christ?"

No. The CoJCoLDS comes across as a "works" program. When I say a "clear presentation"... then I mean that the person has a clear understanding of sin, the consequences of sin, and the blessed hope of eternal life through Christ.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the good news that "Jesus Saves!" Salvation is a process, being saved is only one part of the process and is not contengent upon any "work" or "work in progess".

~serapha~

So I asked...

Do you think our faith is unacceptable to Christ and/or we are going to Hell for following it?

you said...

Anyone who has not heard a clear presentation of the Gospel of Christ will not be lost.

and then I asked...

Do you feel that TCoJCoLDS gives a "clear presentation of the Gospel of Christ?"

and you said

No.

So is that to say that you do indeed feel that our faith is unacceptable to Christ and that we are going to Hell for following it?

As for the works...you can ignore the Bible if you want to, that's your right.

(Yes...that was smug)