So, about that man made climate change... thing...

jerome1232

Geothermal and hydroelectric can be cost competitive with coal. Admittedly you can stick a fossil fuel or nuclear plant pretty much anywhere, conceptually (the political realty is somewhat different), which is not the case with geothermal and hydroelectric.

Hydro and geothermal can be competitive with (or cheaper than) coal. But the environmental impact of a dam is enormous, perhaps even greater than of a coal plant. And there are only so many rivers to be dammed, and geothermal points are few and far between.

Hydro and geothermal can be competitive with (or cheaper than) coal. But the environmental impact of a dam is enormous, perhaps even greater than of a coal plant. And there are only so many rivers to be dammed, and geothermal points are few and far between.

I was commenting purely on a cost basis in response to Bytebear's assertion that nothing else comes close to fossil fuels and nuclear for cost. As far as site limitations for hydroelectric and geothermal, I was attempting to reference that with my second sentence. I suppose I was unclear.

I was commenting purely on a cost basis in response to Bytebear's assertion that nothing else comes close to fossil fuels and nuclear for cost. As far as site limitations for hydroelectric and geothermal, I was attempting to reference that with my second sentence. I suppose I was unclear.

No, you weren't unclear. I was simply expanding on what you were talking about, not directly commenting on what you said.