Hey there

BoMISRotJ

Hi, I am a recent convert (was baptized yesterday, confirmed today) and I figured now that I am, I might as well join this forums eh? I was found on the street, so good job missionaries.

Anyway the one thing I do need to work on is stopping the urge to violate the WoW. I used to smoke and drink a lot before my conversion, so I picked up some bad habits.

Hello, that's great that you found the church and join!! None of us are perfect. that's two hard habits to conquer but with the LOrd on your side you can be successful with it if you want too!!Many have conquered it...u can get the patch if u need it. or smoke those electric cigs. Im glad I never had these issues, but believe me I have my own issues....

Hello, that's great that you found the church and join!! None of us are perfect. that's two hard habits to conquer but with the LOrd on your side you can be successful with it if you want too!!Many have conquered it...u can get the patch if u need it. or smoke those electric cigs. Im glad I never had these issues, but believe me I have my own issues....

I am going to be picking up one of those vapor devices to get myself off nicotine all together. It will satisfy the oral fixation issue, and will also slowly get me off nicotine if I just lower the dosage over a few months week by week to virtually nothing after a few months. It shouldn't take to long though, it seems that after my baptism and confirmation my very huge urge to smoke has pretty well dissipated.

I know members of the church are torn on vapor devices, but here is how I see it. If caffeine isn't the reason we don't allow hot drinks, then the nicotine is not the reason we don't allow tobacco.

If done correctly these devices can be used to completely remove any addiction to tobacco products.

I find it interesting how when I went from smoking cigs to an e-cig sometime ago I still had the urge to smoke a cig. That goes to show you it isn't the nicotine that is the dominant addicting chemical when it comes to recidivism, for lack of a better word, when it comes to quitting smoking.

Congratulations, BoMISRotJ! I was baptized a few weeks ago and kicked my habbits too. I am okay now with the smokes, but I do miss my morning coffee :)

Like you, with the baptism and the confirmation, my urges slowed down. I quit smoking while I was investigating. Coffe the day before my baptism...

Hey, we should be battle buddies :)

Hit me up!

I know members of the church are torn on vapor devices, but here is how I see it. If caffeine isn't the reason we don't allow hot drinks, then the nicotine is not the reason we don't allow tobacco.

If done correctly these devices can be used to completely remove any addiction to tobacco products.

I find it interesting how when I went from smoking cigs to an e-cig sometime ago I still had the urge to smoke a cig. That goes to show you it isn't the nicotine that is the dominant addicting chemical when it comes to recidivism, for lack of a better word, when it comes to quitting smoking.

Don't be caught in the Devil's snare of justification and excuses. Nicotine is one of the driving factors. But it's also the triggers that make you want to smoke. Think of the times when you normally smoke. It could be first thing in the morning, right after a meal, getting in the car to drive. It's changing the mindset that is needed. Changing your daily habits as well as kicking the nicotine addiction. If you are still using the e-cig during these times you aren't breaking that cycle of habit.

Again the point of the vapor device would be to every time I can't control the urge to then use that to elevate it and every time slowly turn down the percent of nicotine in the device until it has no nicotine and is just the e-juice. Either way I am to broke to afford anything at the moment so this is just a future thought anyway.

Don't let the naysayers deter you from quitting. If it's gum, or an e-cigerrette, than use it until you get that monkey off your back. I've heard that brushing your teeth after each time you ritually smoked (after eating or sleeping, etc...) you could also overcome the "itch". (I think there was something in there about drinking grapefruit juice as well) My hat is off to you for having joined the One and True Kingdom of God on the Earth. Don't forget your testimony and why you joined the Church in the first place.;)

Again the point of the vapor device would be to every time I can't control the urge to then use that to elevate it and every time slowly turn down the percent of nicotine in the device until it has no nicotine and is just the e-juice. Either way I am to broke to afford anything at the moment so this is just a future thought anyway.

Totally get what you are saying. I'm just pointing out it's the other habits associated with it that are ones that have to be broken as well. It's rough breaking habits. But it can be done.

• 2 weeks later...