Confirmation Prayer

bdub

There has been a lot of good responses and there is little that I would disagree with. There is however, one aspect that I think has not been touched upon in this very important discussion. That is the importance of specific ordinances and how those ordinances include specific covenants absolutely necessary for salvation in the kingdom of G-d.

It is both important and essential that covenants are established preciously as G-d has commanded through his chosen servants. This is all according to the order of G-d and the laws of his kingdom. We have not been told all the reasons that G-d is so dedicated to such order but it is a matter of faith that we are loyal to our instructions in the first part according to our covenant as priesthood holders and secondly that the ordinances be performed with clarity for the individual making their covenant with G-d.

Thus we stand as proxy for G-d as though we are G-d according to our covenant with him as the individual receiving the covenant of salvation takes upon themselves the covenant and receives the gift of the Holy Ghost as G-d has instructed.

The Traveler

• 4 years later...
On 1/23/2014 at 8:05 AM, Traveler said:

That is the importance of specific ordinances and how those ordinances include specific covenants absolutely necessary for salvation in the kingdom of G-d.

It is both important and essential that covenants are established preciously as G-d has commanded through his chosen servants. This is all according to the order of G-d and the laws of his kingdom. We have not been told all the reasons that G-d is so dedicated to such order but it is a matter of faith that we are loyal to our instructions in the first part according to our covenant as priesthood holders and secondly that the ordinances be performed with clarity for the individual making their covenant with G-d.

Thus we stand as proxy for G-d as though we are G-d according to our covenant with him as the individual receiving the covenant of salvation takes upon themselves the covenant and receives the gift of the Holy Ghost as G-d has instructed.

The Traveler

I think I would like to add to this;

D&C 1:38

38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

We act in His name. Doing only the things and saying the words he approves of. The things he would say if he were the one to do it.

So he gives us this priesthood guide book so we can act. We can know what is right. And what is true.

When you do this series of blessings you need to have not only the authority, but you need to speak the truth when you do. I'm going to be baptizing my son this week, I can hope my preparation will keep me in the mind to know the requirements and to listen to the truth before I say it out loud. 

If you do as he said you have his promise, if you do not, no promise is given.

I must listen to the Holy Ghost for the truth of the words in these blessings and follow my bishop's instructions and act in the name of Jesus Christ, all the while of having the Authority.