Planning on serving mission in the summer, broke law of chastity

SOJA

Hi,

I'm a 19 year old boy who is planning on serving my mission in the summer (June or July). Last semester I was attending Dixie St. University (St. George, Utah) while my girlfriend was attending BYU-Provo (Provo, Utah) which is more than four hours away. We've only seen each other once between the months of August-November.

During this Winter break we both came home. My girlfriend and I are from the same hometown. We were very happy to spend time with each other daily and we did things that most young couples do. Things like holding hands, cuddling, kissing, making out. Sometimes things got pretty heated and we started fondling and petting each other in the wrong places. We even had a little hint of oral sex. Notice I said hint because it was only for a couple seconds.

We both know what we did wrong and we know we need to take it to the bishop and be 100% honest and not hide anything if we want to be truly repentant of our sins.

I'm wondering if this will keep me home from my mission? Will this post pone my mission? What will happen?

I am in love with this girl and I can see myself marrying her in the temple someday so please don't tell me that things won't workout because of this situation or because I'm going on a mission for 2 years.

Sexual transgressions typically result in a 6 month to a year repentance process, however it isn't the bishop that will determine whether or not this keeps you from going on a mission in the summer...it will be the stake president.

When repenting of sins this close to a mission, you will not only speak with the bishop, but when you will also speak with the stake president. The stake president ultimately determines your readiness for a mission.

The first step, speak with the bishop...the next step you will also need to speak with your stake president.

I agree with what all the others said you both need to see your bishops do the steps that each of you need too, listen to his wise counsel he will guide you on to the right path. Repentance then keep His commandments, seek ye the kingdom of God first...and all alse will follow in the right time. That's the Lords time not yours

I am in love with this girl and I can see myself marrying her in the temple someday so please don't tell me that things won't workout because of this situation or because I'm going on a mission for 2 years.

In reality the percentage of young men that marry their pre-mission girlfriends is extremely low, less than 2%. I know you don't want to hear it but that is the reality. I had a companion who had been with over 30 girls before his mission. This was over 20 years ago and the church has since tightened its restrictions on service.

Satan will do everything he can to prevent you from serving, even while you are on your mission. My best friend from high school served in the same mission as I did. He was sent home early for doing what you did with your girlfriend with a stake president's daughter. He left his companion in the middle of the night to "go on a date" with her. He did this several times. She was about to enter the MTC, and once there she confessed to her MTC branch president. She was sent home and so was he. It is a very serious thing.

The Lord still loves you, and he wants every worthy young man to serve. Do everything it takes to ensure that you do. Nothing, not even marriage to your sweetheart, is more important at this time in your life.