endowment and sealing?

foodforthought

It looks like sometime in May I will finally be going to the Temple! I have been a member for 4 years but it took me a long time to get past some WOW issues. I have put that behind me and have been talking with my Bishop who would like me to wait two more months to be sure I have really repented of those issues and then we will talk about the Temple (already have gone through Temple prep class).

My question is about the endowment and sealing (husband is life-long member with Temple recommend) In August we are going cross country to visit his very active and supportive LDS family. I really would like to wait and be sealed, we have two children as well-when we visit his family so they can be there.

If I am able too, I thought I would take out my endowments as soon as I am able to in May-or would it be best to wait and do everything in august? I asked my Bishop and he told me both were acceptable options. Just wondering what other opinions there are. I feel like I will want to go in May as I have worked hard to become worthy and will want to go as soon as I am able. Not sure what is the best option. Husband doesn't care which way I go either.

Edited by foodforthought

I got my Endowments out the day I got married and it was all so nerve wracking for me. I wish I had done it the day before. It didn't help that we had been on the road since 3am that morning for a total of six hours. So all in all an enjoyable day but I see that getting my Endowments out earlier would have made it a bit less stressful.

Of course as your Bishop said, either option is fine. But maybe you could get your Endowments out in May, become relaxed about those and then do the sealing when you go visit your family? This will give you time to really focus on the Endowment rather than becoming overwhelmed with everything going on at once. Of course, this is just my opinion and you need to do whatever you feel comfortable with. :)

Guest LiterateParakeet

If I were you, I would chose to receive my endowments in May and then be sealed later with the whole family. Because as you said you have waited a long time and worked hard for this. Why delay the blessing of receiving your endowment any longer than necessary?

If you receive your endowment in May, then ideally, you will have many opportunities to return to the temple.

For the sealing, though I would definitely want to share that portion with family, if possible, so for that portion I would wait for the trip.

Of course, as your Bishop said either way is fine, but you asked our opinion ;)

Congratulations, by the way!

I have to agree with those posted so far.

Both ordinances are so wonderful and full of emotion - to complete them both together would be quite overwhelming.

I would recommend completing your endowment in May and then returning several times as there is so much to learn. :)

It would also then make you feel so much more comfortable in the temple to have the blessing of having your family around you later in the year