Baptism Experience- just finished

LavenderStar

Hi all,

I just got baptized..along with my daughter and husband.

It was an overall great experience. Ironically, all this things I had nerves about ended up just fine.

Although, just like life, the unexpected happened:

Like my youngest kiddos (5 & 3) running around the room..during prayer and hymns. My 5 yr. old kept going in and out of the little hallway entering the water before one of the Elders intelligently locked the door before he was able to run back in.

When they both ran into the hallway, I started talking to my 5 yr. old and as soon as a lady came out to assist me, I couldn't hold back my tears. She was so sweet about it though...told me not to worry and ended up being with the kiddos along with a couple of other nice women.

During the baptism my daughter went first. She was awesome.

Then as I went into the water, I overheard my son yelling "Mom!! Theres Mom!" so excitedly :lol:. I felt so great after coming up from the water..

until I heard my older daughter laugh and started to worry my thin jumper that was clinging to my body was exposing a not visually appealing belly :embarrassed:.

She later said she was just happy the whole time...and she finally expressed it at that moment (although she said my boyshorts showed..which was fine..since I had double undies on 'just in case'). :P

My husband was next..he did awesome too.

He told me later when he saw me go into the water he wished he could have gone in there with me...aww so sweet.

So that was our baptism. I got pictures thanks to one of the elders (the one I really wish baptized my daughter). Since he reminded us to take one before and after the baptism; My mind was thinking too much of the kids and their activity levels.

Everyone was so great and sweet. I'm so grateful to have such a great extended family. Thank you everyone for the previous advice as well :).

• 3 weeks later...