What is "this gospel"

The thread on second coming guesses got me thinking about this question. What is "this gospel" as mentioned through out scriptures.

The title page of the book of Mormon states as its purpose.

—Which is to show unto the remnant of the house of Israel what great things the Lord hath done for their fathers; and that they may know the covenants of the Lord, that they are not cast off forever

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/bofm-title

Without these covenants we will be cast off. These covenants are associated with many terms in the Book of Mormon.

"this gospel" seems to be one term associated with this. What is IT?

D&C 10:50

And thus they did leave a blessing upon this land in their prayers, that whosoever should believe in this gospel in this land might have eternal life;

Abraham 2:10

Pearl of Great Price

And I will bless them through thy name; for as many as receive this Gospel shall be called after thy name, and shall be accounted thy seed, and shall rise up and bless thee, as their father;

JST, John 1:4

Joseph Smith Translation

In him was the gospel, and the gospel was the life, and the life was the light of men;

In a nutshell ----Service!

I asked the question several years ago in prayer. I kept being told "You know." Stubbornly I kept asking. While driving alone one day I got a clear answer.... Service.

After thinking about it more and reading scriptures and studying and praying. Its really not as simple as one word although that one word does say it all. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is about Love. We show our love when we live the Gospel. We live the Gospel by loving our neighbor as ourselves. We act on Love by Serving God's children.

so.... Service. :)

Gospel simply means good news.

This gospel is the good news that the Saviour is... he was born, he lived, He conquered all.

3 Nephi 27:13

13 Behold I have given unto you my gospel, and this is the gospel which I have given unto you—that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me.

Believing this gospel is putting faith in Jesus Christ and following His teachings and example.

The gospel is the step by step ascent back into the Lord's presence. Covenants are the means to get there, ordinances point the way.

Thanks. Very concise.

It seems to me "this gospel" is a name.

The abraham scripture states "for as many as receive this Gospel shall be called after thy name," (Christs name)

JST, John 1:1

Joseph Smith Translation

In the beginning was the gospel preached through the Son. And the gospel was the word, and the word was with the Son, and the Son was with God, and the Son was of God.

The Gospel was the Word

The Word was the Son

The Son was with God

The Son was of God

"this gospel" IS Jesus Christ (The Son).

Moses 1:32 And by the word of my power, have I created them, which is mine Only Begotten Son, who is full of grace and truth.

Gospel literally means "good news," so preaching the Gospel roughly equates to preaching the good news.

Historically, the name has also been reserved for the four Gospels in the bible: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. The four Gospels tell the story of Christ's public ministry, His atoning sacrifice, and His glorious resurrection.

All this taken together, I am of the opinion that, when we talk about "the gospel," we're talking about Christ. Specifically, we're talking about the new covenant He established, the terms of which were defined by His teachings and firmly established through His death and resurrection. The "good news" is that all men are able to take part in this covenant, and through it they can be saved.