Tell Me About The Kingdoms Of God

bluetim

Hello, I'm a total newbie here and want to get some valuable info concerning the different degrees of glory. I'm an inactive LDS and know the basics (i.e., D&C 76, etc.), but some things just don't make sense to me.

What I don't understand is, if the wicked go to the Telestial Kingdom, do they have to repent of all their sins and become perfect eventually, or are they allowed to continue sinning once they find themselves therein? I've heard it said that (paraphrase) "The wicked who repent will be redeemed." But if they completely repent and are washed clean of all their sins and become perfect, why can't they then progress (eventually, over eons of time) into the Celestial Kingdom?

And if the Telestial people are not required to live a Celestial Law (become perfect, stop sinning forever), do they then continue to sin, even in the Telestial Kingdom? "The kingdom of God is not filthy," says the Book of Mormon, so I just do not understand completely what the differences between being Telestial, Terrestrial, and Celestial are. Why would God condemn a repentant (Telestial) sinner if he truly repents and gets washed clean?

Everyone will eventually repent of their sins (except the Sons of Perdition for whom there is no forgiveness).

In other words, someone will pay for the sins we commit. Whether that person is Jesus or us depends on whether we repent (D&C 19).

There will be no sin in any of the degrees of glory. How long have you been inactive? Are you coming back to church? Welcome.

Everyone will eventually repent of their sins (except the Sons of Perdition for whom there is no forgiveness).

In other words, someone will pay for the sins we commit. Whether that person is Jesus or us depends on whether we repent (D&C 19).

There will be no sin in any of the degrees of glory. How long have you been inactive? Are you coming back to church? Welcome.

Hi CK, so if I chose not to repent, I would have to pay for all of my sins myself, correct? But I have heard several GAs say that the wayward sinners will have to pay the "utmost farthing" for their sins before being forgiven, even when they repent. So even if a Telestial person tries to repent, he must first pay the full debt before being forgiven?

(I've been inactive for about 20 years, and don't really want to go back to church; however, I do want to turn my life around and get things in order. I just don't like social situations like being at Sacrament Meeting.)

The celestial kingdom is not about getting a goodie for being good little boys and girls, nor is it only about being free from sin. Being free from sin (remission) is the baptismal covenant (and partaking of the sacrament) and it is considererd something an 8 year old can keep. Being free from sin is the FIRST step not the FINAL one. The celestial kingdom must be created by our agency (faith, obedience) -- our souls can be sanctified (an actual change in condition out of mortality). One major thing to that is to create a (celestial) family. I do not know all the ins and outs of progression in eternal life, but I would imagine that generally speaking those who are in the telestial kingdom (and terrestial) are those who did not create a celestial home or life and why didn't they? One simple reason -- they didn't want it. I have a hard time imagining that someone who loves God and His life and law more than anything else in this world (as the scriptures charge and invite us to do as the fundamental act of mind, heart and body) as being someone who wouldn't be in celestial glory. If a person finds themselves in the Telestial kingdom it will be so that they can be with what they love the most -- it would not have been their Heavenly Father.

These are just my thoughts; not doctrine.

All of the miracles of soul -- telestial, terrestrial, and celestial, are done through the merits of Jesus Christ and his atonement.

Happy Seeking, my friend and welcome to lds talk.

If a person finds themselves in the Telestial kingdom it will be so that they can be with what they love the most -- it would not have been their Heavenly Father.

These are just my thoughts; not doctrine.

All of the miracles of soul -- telestial, terrestrial, and celestial, are done through the merits of Jesus Christ and his atonement.

Happy Seeking, my friend and welcome to lds talk.

Thank you. One thing I don't get is why it's said that we will go where we will be the happiest. If being with God and being exalted with one's mate is the fulness of joy, why can't Telestial persons change their mind and progress on into the Celestial Kingdom in the eternities?

Thank you. One thing I don't get is why it's said that we will go where we will be the happiest. If being with God and being exalted with one's mate is the fulness of joy, why can't Telestial persons change their mind and progress on into the Celestial Kingdom in the eternities?

Blue,

I'm wondering if everyone will want to repent? I don't know the answer to that question, but it might come to play somewhere.

The next thing to do though is make sure cleaning up your life is what you want to do. Don't worry about where you end up, but just do it so that your life will be a better place to live now.

There are very few people who know where they will end up right now, so then improving your condition has to be personal choice regardless of future glory or status in the LDS church.

Aaron the Ogre

Not everyone will want to repent.

Many will like their pet sins more than God.

These are the type of people who will try to hide in the earth and cover themselves when Christ comes again.

They fear God, but don't love Him. Such have no place with Him in Celestial Glory as they are not willing to abide a Celestial Law.

The thing is dont even have any of the other kindoms in your mind. In the celestial kingdom there is eternal progresion, meaning we can become like god and yes we will still worship him in the sense that we love him for what he did for us.

Anyone would rather be in the celestial kingdom. If you dont love god than you will be in a lower one wich is glorious, but than again you will wonder what could've been.

God will give you a lot more than you can imagine if you have an eye single to his glory. YOu can be so much happier if you let god consult you in everything you do.

God is the man! :)

<div class='quotemain'>

Blue,

I'm wondering if everyone will want to repent? I don't know the answer to that question, but it might come to play somewhere.

The next thing to do though is make sure cleaning up your life is what you want to do. Don't worry about where you end up, but just do it so that your life will be a better place to live now.

There are very few people who know where they will end up right now, so then improving your condition has to be personal choice regardless of future glory or status in the LDS church.

Aaron the Ogre

I think your right, but the easienst way to clean up is to know what will come if you do.

Anyone would rather be in the celestial kingdom.

That's like saying, "Anyone would rather serve a fulltime mission than get a dream job," or, "Anyone would rather sacrifice their time to serve as Bishop instead of being a fulltime truck driver."

Everyone likes different things, and not everyone will want to be in God's presence. I really believe that, based on my experiences in life. That's the beauty of the three degrees of glory: God has provided the way for everyone to get exactly what they want, and in the end, no one will be able to say to God: "I really wanted the next kingdom up, but you didn't give me the chance!"

We will all get what we love the most, whether that is glory telestial, terrestrial or celestial.

Hello, I'm a total newbie here and want to get some valuable info concerning the different degrees of glory. I'm an inactive LDS and know the basics (i.e., D&C 76, etc.), but some things just don't make sense to me.

What I don't understand is, if the wicked go to the Telestial Kingdom, do they have to repent of all their sins and become perfect eventually, or are they allowed to continue sinning once they find themselves therein? I've heard it said that (paraphrase) "The wicked who repent will be redeemed." But if they completely repent and are washed clean of all their sins and become perfect, why can't they then progress (eventually, over eons of time) into the Celestial Kingdom?

And if the Telestial people are not required to live a Celestial Law (become perfect, stop sinning forever), do they then continue to sin, even in the Telestial Kingdom? "The kingdom of God is not filthy," says the Book of Mormon, so I just do not understand completely what the differences between being Telestial, Terrestrial, and Celestial are. Why would God condemn a repentant (Telestial) sinner if he truly repents and gets washed clean?

you can think of it as a reward system for what you did here on earth. a murderer will get the lesser, even though he has repented unless he was able to repent and start living celestrial law on earth. he gets the degree he lived on earth. he listed to his cardnal self. a saint learns to put off that self and live a higher law there for getting a higher degree in the after life. perhaps after proving themselves in the lesser degree through time in the eternity's they get to move on maybe i don't know. faith in god helps to open the door for the answers when questions like that arise. I've had a few of my own. hang in there.