Resigning from the Church

I don't intent to say anything bad about any other church and that includes the Catholic Church. I just didn't find all these "other activities" there, only one hour of church on Sunday, but I in essence left the church nearly 50 years ago in my late teens and never went back.

Other than 3 masses in those 50 years.

And I saw no change.

Tho' I do have to say I think the Pope spoke total garbage about gun manufacturers recently, assuredly so in that he is protected 24/7 by guards armed with guns and it's believed the church is heavily invested in the oldest gun manufacturer in the world (500 years).

I certainly don't understand someone who leaves the LDS church and becomes so poisoned of mind to come back and obsessively, post after post, post misconceptions about LDS church and people. How can anyone make themselves so bitter. Well, needlessly so.

dc

My interest in Mormonism has its reasons, that are personal, but bitterness isn't one of them. Lately, it is from what LDS family members have said to me. They wouldn't agree with some of the replies I get here, A lot of the comparisons I'm making are between here and what I hear IRL. But hey, I don't know the LDS church of today, unless I ask, as it has changed from when I left decades ago, but what some of my family members believe is straight out of 1970. But, my LDS era is bookmarked at 1978. I remember what I was taught. I suppose people looking at Mormonisn today for the first time might see something different than I remember.

Edited by blueskye

blueskye

I am definitely not n o t looking at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for the first time.

In fact, I have been looking at the church for over 50 years.

I also notice your posts seem to have changed to show less bitterness.

dc

Edited by David13

He wore expensive perfume so maybe?

Wear it once, eBay it with a signed certificate of authenticity, and feed more with a watch than He did with the loaves and fishes, maybe.

Figure Buzz Aldrin's slide rule from Apollo 11 sold for over $77,000.  How much would the Watch of Christ go for?

Hmmm...there aren't many LDS threads anymore, there are a few, but the majority of "bashing" comes from ex-LDS members (but to be completely fair, not all the LDS site members are respectful either...in short it's not a pretty view from either side).  If a question is too antagonistic, I've seen several Catholics actually defend our LDS site members, just as every now and then I see some LDS defend Catholics on this site. No single religion is immune to this behavior, we are all human after all , and we are all passionate about our beliefs...sometimes we all just suck at having a peaceful discussion <_<   

And I'm guessing that the increase in LDS threads was due to Romney running for President that year.  There was probably alot of curiosity about his beliefs, and once a topic gets heated and carried away, it can be hard to put out (including here on these forums).  

Yes, it's the Romney-effect for sure.

I went there just now just to see what's rocking at the non-Catholic forum and just a quick glance there's only one Mormon thread in the first 20.  And it seems like the LDS folks (if there's still any left) did not even bother defending themselves on that one.  Which, I guess, is a good move because the thread petered out before it filled a page with no fire to fuel it.